March 13, 200917 yr Why would anyone coach worth his salt want to come to UK. Two years into Brooks's tenure and now two years into the Gillispie era every media clown starts trying to run them out of town. Clay, Vaught, Story all are irresponsible little wessels. That's not even mentioning all the internet experts.
March 14, 200917 yr Donovan is the Coach I wanted to see UK get along before UK hire Gillispie two years ago.
March 14, 200917 yr Couldn't argue that. Big fan of what he has done at Nova... BCG sure faired better against U of L
March 14, 200917 yr Are we all still sold on Donovan? I mean he's working on two straight trips to the NIT, and he's 2-2 vs. Gillispie. Just sayin... I think it helps UK because now Donovan sees how hard it can be to maintain a top level program at a football school in a football state.
March 14, 200917 yr Why would anyone coach worth his salt want to come to UK. Two years into Brooks's tenure and now two years into the Gillispie era every media clown starts trying to run them out of town. Clay, Vaught, Story all are irresponsible little wessels. That's not even mentioning all the internet experts. I know it's fashionable to blame the media for everything, but in this case, they're just following the fans' lead.
March 14, 200917 yr Jay Wright has a nice contract at Nova and if I remember correctly from the last time around, his wife has all her family there and are extremely unlikely to uproot. I really hope that Kentucky does not go for Thad Matta. He is a whole different set of problems Kentucky really does not need. I also was opposed to Billy Donovan last time around and I still am. Just never have cared for him much. Whoever UK brings in, if anyone, please be sure that they are a top quality coach first. A good recruiter second. I wanted Izzo the first time around and I know everyone poo poos his style of play as unnattractive. I will take winning ugly over losing pretty any day of the week. His teams play great defense and disciplined team basketball (quite a bit like the coach UK ran off prior to BCG). Not sure he would leave East Lansing though as he is worshipped there.
March 14, 200917 yr Thats a pretty important game to people in Kentucky And means very little in the big picture...
March 14, 200917 yr I know it's fashionable to blame the media for everything, but in this case, they're just following the fans' lead. Should that mean anything to reporting the news?
March 14, 200917 yr Should that mean anything to reporting the news? Yes, because it's reflecting what their readership/viewership is already talking about. To not do stories about how the fans/ex-players are up in arms over the current situation would be ignoring the 800-pound gorilla in the room. I can't really speak to individual agendas in terms of what the columnists are saying. They're doing what they're paid to do: analyze and opine.
March 14, 200917 yr Author As of right now it looks like BCG will be back. Administration is not real happy. Look they can deal with some growing pains performance-wise so to speak, but his arrogance, rudeness, and the like is the what really has him in hot water. He wants to be a coach, but at UK it is not that simple. He has handled that very poorly. Throw in a season in which he did not do very well, and you got a toxic mix. If they were to let him go they would have to pay 1.5 mil for 4 years. Even that can be contested in court based on the language in the MofU. Im disappointed in what has transpired...but things may change in the next month. He is not a sympathetic character right now.
March 14, 200917 yr As of right now it looks like BCG will be back. Administration is not real happy. Look they can deal with some growing pains performance-wise so to speak, but his arrogance, rudeness, and the like is the what really has him in hot water. He wants to be a coach, but at UK it is not that simple. He has handled that very poorly. Throw in a season in which he did not do very well, and you got a toxic mix. If they were to let him go they would have to pay 1.5 mil for 4 years. Even that can be contested in court based on the language in the MofU. Im disappointed in what has transpired...but things may change in the next month. He is not a sympathetic character right now. In your opinion, is he staying for support he has or the money they would owe?
March 14, 200917 yr I really hope that Kentucky does not go for Thad Matta. He is a whole different set of problems Kentucky really does not need.What problems?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.