March 17, 200917 yr I wonder why Rick Stansbury's name isn't mentioned more. He has Kentucky ties and has put together a solid SEC resume.
March 17, 200917 yr I wonder why Rick Stansbury's name isn't mentioned more. He has Kentucky ties and has put together a solid SEC resume.After what I saw against Tennessee Sunday, I don't know as if I want him. That was ugly in an ugly sort of way.
March 17, 200917 yr This thread may have a completely different feel to it this time next year. The man's only been here two years and has had two completely different teams. At least give him a fair shake.
March 17, 200917 yr This thread may have a completely different feel to it this time next year. The man's only been here two years and has had two completely different teams. At least give him a fair shake. 2 different teams? Exclude Jasper, And what was so different?
March 17, 200917 yr This thread may have a completely different feel to it this time next year. The man's only been here two years and has had two completely different teams. At least give him a fair shake. I would feel a little better about him if he would adapt a style of play geared more to the talent he has. He was going to play man to man this year regardless of the fact that there was a desperate need to play zone defense 75% of the time. He needs to call Syracuse's coach to understand that a zone is not the worst defense on earth. The Orange used it to win a national championship and a runner-up. What's Billy Clyde's phobia about it?
March 17, 200917 yr I don't get this...? he is one of the top recruiters in the country and took a football school to a basketball title game. I would love for his 3 five star verbals and one 4 star verbal to come to UK in 2010. He is in the mix for a five star center in 2010. You wouldn't want 4 top 20 players at UK if he gets that center it would be 4. And all the people have said since Pitino left is "the players aren't as good." Let me help you get it............What has he done with all that talent he has gotten and going to get? Let me answer that for you. No national titles. Enough said.
March 17, 200917 yr 2 different teams? Exclude Jasper, And what was so different? What about Bradley and Crawford? :confused:
March 17, 200917 yr 2 different teams? Exclude Jasper, And what was so different? Uh...okay. Crawford, Bradley, and Jasper. 3 things one year ago that KY is in desperate need of now. Gaurd play.
March 17, 200917 yr I know....but I want your opinion here. I say Jay Wright is a dead on lock for the type of coach UK needs. What say you?Before even reading this post I was thinking the same thing as in what UK "needs", but I have no idea as to the type of "fit" he would be in Lexington.
March 17, 200917 yr I would feel a little better about him if he would adapt a style of play geared more to the talent he has. He was going to play man to man this year regardless of the fact that there was a desperate need to play zone defense 75% of the time. He needs to call Syracuse's coach to understand that a zone is not the worst defense on earth. The Orange used it to win a national championship and a runner-up. What's Billy Clyde's phobia about it? It's beyond funny to me that people who don't coach for a living and don't see any practices ever think that UK would win more games if they would just play a zone. You've named ONE coach that plays mostly zone that has been successful. BCG uses the same philosiphy that he always has and that he believes works. It won a title last year for Kansas by the way. Does Boeheim get lambasted by people when they aren't successful and do fans ask "why can't they just play man?"?
March 17, 200917 yr It's beyond funny to me that people who don't coach for a living and don't see any practices ever think that UK would win more games if they would just play a zone. You've named ONE coach that plays mostly zone that has been successful. BCG uses the same philosiphy that he always has and that he believes works. It won a title last year for Kansas by the way. Does Boeheim get lambasted by people when they aren't successful and do fans ask "why can't they just play man?"? It's not that we're calling for a constant zone. Just mix it in every once in a while, especially when playing teams that we obviously cannot defend in man-to-man.
March 17, 200917 yr It's beyond funny to me that people who don't coach for a living and don't see any practices ever think that UK would win more games if they would just play a zone. You've named ONE coach that plays mostly zone that has been successful. BCG uses the same philosiphy that he always has and that he believes works. It won a title last year for Kansas by the way. Does Boeheim get lambasted by people when they aren't successful and do fans ask "why can't they just play man?"? I would think any sports team that continues to say this is our system and we are not going to change no matter what is easy to prepare for. A big part of being a coach is the element of suprise, to adpat and show the other team something they are not ready for. Will that alone win games? NO, but the element of suprise just may have won UK enough games to get into the NCAA tourney this year. I don't coach for a living so maybe I'm wrong.:idunno:
March 17, 200917 yr It's beyond funny to me that people who don't coach for a living and don't see any practices ever think that UK would win more games if they would just play a zone. You've named ONE coach that plays mostly zone that has been successful. BCG uses the same philosiphy that he always has and that he believes works. It won a title last year for Kansas by the way. Does Boeheim get lambasted by people when they aren't successful and do fans ask "why can't they just play man?"? You make some good points, but if you play mostly man defense you had darn well better have the personel to do it. Kansas had that personel last year. Kentucky doesn't this year. I'm not implying that UK play only zone. But BCG shouldn't be so stubborn as to rarely use it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.