March 14, 200917 yr As of right now it looks like BCG will be back. Administration is not real happy. Look they can deal with some growing pains performance-wise so to speak, but his arrogance, rudeness, and the like is the what really has him in hot water. He wants to be a coach, but at UK it is not that simple. He has handled that very poorly. Throw in a season in which he did not do very well, and you got a toxic mix. If they were to let him go they would have to pay 1.5 mil for 4 years. Even that can be contested in court based on the language in the MofU. Im disappointed in what has transpired...but things may change in the next month. He is not a sympathetic character right now. Why would they have to pay him anything if he has refused to sign a contract?
March 14, 200917 yr Why would they have to pay him anything if he has refused to sign a contract? I have yet to understand this as well. What sort of legal binding does the "agreement" have?
March 14, 200917 yr I have yet to understand this as well. What sort of legal binding does the "agreement" have? IMO No contract no obligation
March 14, 200917 yr What problems? I guess it is not really a whole set of other problems, they would be similar to what we have now except Matta is a guy who talks out of both sides of his mouth. Has near zero class. Three times more stubborn than BCG. An average in game coach.
March 14, 200917 yr I guess it is not really a whole set of other problems, they would be similar to what we have now except Matta is a guy who talks out of both sides of his mouth. Has near zero class. Three times more stubborn than BCG. An average in game coach. Please explain?
March 14, 200917 yr I guess it is not really a whole set of other problems, they would be similar to what we have now except Matta is a guy who talks out of both sides of his mouth. Has near zero class. Three times more stubborn than BCG. An average in game coach.Let's see ... Matta has shown he can bag big-time recruits and he had the Buckeyes in the national championship game two years ago. Talking about both sides of his mouth? Is there really something to that, or are you just holding the Xavier thing against him?
March 14, 200917 yr I would take Thad...he has had the #1 recruit in the country sign with OSU in what 2 of the last 2 or 4 years, Greg Oden and BJ Mullins and I bet Kostu Koufus was a top 10 ranked player. And... he has THREE 5 star/top 15 recruits and a 4 star already verbaled to OSU in 2010, plus he is in the mix for another 5 star center out of Dayton. I welcome him to KY if he wants to come. Edited March 14, 200917 yr by John Anthony
March 14, 200917 yr Author Why would they have to pay him anything if he has refused to sign a contract? It is a legal binding document, but there is some wording in there that UK could contest IMO. There is some language that suggests that the document is binding if there is an effort within a time frame to hammer out a signed contract. Then the timeframe becomes a contestable issue...has UK tried to get it done, has BCG's camp tried to get it done. Is there "just cause"...and the like. Look if he had handled all of his stuff of the court with media, boosters, engagements and so forth...then people can probably live with this past season. He has not. I am disappointed in the season, but it is forgiveable based on talent and so forth, even though there is enough there to make the tournament. I can see rebuilding...that is fine. To do it with no class is incomprehensible. UK consented to have ESPN come for an inside look, however, over the course of a few days, BCG only alloted himself to be interviewed for eight and a half minutes. I can see UK stonewalling ESPN. I can see ESPN stonewalling UK, but you cant consent and stonewall.
March 14, 200917 yr LABS, has BCG gotten worse with everything off the court since losing has started? I know last year early in the season when everyone was on him because of GW and San D, he felt it was very unjust and went into his hole. BCG seemed a little more comfortable in his role after UK started winning last year and early this year. Is he just a guy that when things aren't going well, he gets a bunker style attitude?
March 14, 200917 yr Please explain? What more do you want me to explain. The statements are pretty clear...
March 14, 200917 yr It is a legal binding document, but there is some wording in there that UK could contest IMO. There is some language that suggests that the document is binding if there is an effort within a time frame to hammer out a signed contract. Then the timeframe becomes a contestable issue...has UK tried to get it done, has BCG's camp tried to get it done. Is there "just cause"...and the like. Look if he had handled all of his stuff of the court with media, boosters, engagements and so forth...then people can probably live with this past season. He has not. I am disappointed in the season, but it is forgiveable based on talent and so forth, even though there is enough there to make the tournament. I can see rebuilding...that is fine. To do it with no class is incomprehensible. UK consented to have ESPN come for an inside look, however, over the course of a few days, BCG only alloted himself to be interviewed for eight and a half minutes. I can see UK stonewalling ESPN. I can see ESPN stonewalling UK, but you cant consent and stonewall. Is there truth to the rumor some of the parents want him to move on?
March 14, 200917 yr Is there truth to the rumor some of the parents want him to move on? I'm a parent and I want him to move on, does that count? :lol: Just kidding.
March 14, 200917 yr What more do you want me to explain. The statements are pretty clear... What examples of what he has done for you to feel that way.
March 14, 200917 yr LABS, has BCG gotten worse with everything off the court since losing has started? I know last year early in the season when everyone was on him because of GW and San D, he felt it was very unjust and went into his hole. BCG seemed a little more comfortable in his role after UK started winning last year and early this year. Is he just a guy that when things aren't going well, he gets a bunker style attitude? Sure seems that way ...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.