Scott County ... sans transfers

Interesting to read in a Scott County game thread that the Cardinals have depth issues, which is very interesting considering that they have three high-profile transfers in the starting lineup and a couple more coming off the bench.

If Guyn, Euton, Jackson, Flannery and Co. weren't at Scott, just how good would the Cardinals be? Given a typical central Kentucky schedule, would they be .500 or better? Or worse?

And in a district with Bryan Station and Henry Clay with Guyn still in the fold, would they even get to the regional tournament?

If you look right now where would Holmes be without the Johnson boys and Housely. Where would Clark Co. be without Vinny Zollo. Donovan transferred to Franklin Co, Mason Co. has the Barner kid who transferred in. Hazard has 3 transfers that are key to their success. Lexington Catholic has Sanford and the Beckham brothers. Cosby transferred to J'town. Knott Co. Central got Tate Cox. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe 1 of Shelby Valley's big men is a transfer as well. Thats whats going on all over the state.

How good would these team be without transfers?

If you look right now where would Holmes be without the Johnson boys and Housely. Where would Clark Co. be without Vinny Zollo. Donovan transferred to Franklin Co, Mason Co. has the Barner kid who transferred in. Hazard has 3 transfers that are key to their success. Lexington Catholic has Sanford and the Beckham brothers. Cosby transferred to J'town. Knott Co. Central got Tate Cox. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe 1 of Shelby Valley's big men is a transfer as well. Thats whats going on all over the state.

None of which addresses the question presented in this thread ...

And let's be honest ... no team has had as much high-profile talent transfer in as Scott County.

None of which addresses the question presented in this thread ...

And let's be honest ... no team has had as much high-profile talent transfer in as Scott County.

I know Scott Co. had Rick Jones and Scott Hundley transfer and then the ones that have transferred recently. Did Scott Co. have any for a 9 or 10 year span between that?

Again, Johnson Brothers weren't transfers. They grew up in Covington and actually attended Holmes feeder schools before leaving their freshman year and then coming back. They didn't just fall in the lap of Coach Henley. I believe they were actually enrolled back at Holmes before the end of their freshman year as well. HUGE difference. Housely is the only player you could make a legitimate case for.

I know Scott Co. had Rick Jones and Scott Hundley transfer and then the ones that have transferred recently.
And got a state title and state runner-up finish because of them.

Did Scott Co. have any for a 9 or 10 year span between that?
I don't know and really don't care. I'm talking about this year's team.

Again, Johnson Brothers weren't transfers. They grew up in Covington and actually attended Holmes feeder schools before leaving their freshman year and then coming back. They didn't just fall in the lap of Coach Henley. I believe they were actually enrolled back at Holmes before the end of their freshman year as well. HUGE difference. Housely is the only player you could make a legitimate case for.

Yes they were.

I can't speak for the other teams, but Phil Barner even though he is a valuable asset is not as valuable as some of the other names and Mason Co. would not be as effected as some other teams.

Yes, they are, because they did transfer back to Holmes from Cincinnati.

Still, their transfers occurred under different circumstances than most of the high-profile ones mentioned earlier.

My understanding that with Euton is father lost his job and the family had to relocate. Didn't the Johnson brothers' mom lose her job and their family have to go somewhere else too?

I can't speak for the other teams, but Phil Barner even though he is a valuable asset is not as valuable as some of the other names and Mason Co. would not be as effected as some other teams.

I have seen Mason play 3 or 4 times this year and he seems to be a big part of the team to me. They would still be very good without him as would a lot of other teams, but he is important to their success.