Villanova 71 Cincinnati 50

Original Rookie

Common theme for a UC loss. Vaughn isn't hitting shots and the rest of the team isn't at a level yet to make up for it. Add in Mike Williams getting zero and it could have been worse...

Villanova's speed at the guard position just killed us. The 2nd half they just couldn't hit anything! I don't know if I've been a disappointed in a UC player as I am with Mike Williams.

Villanova's speed at the guard position just killed us. The 2nd half they just couldn't hit anything! I don't know if I've been a disappointed in a UC player as I am with Mike Williams.

Mike has been very, very good in Big East play. Nova took away his pick and pop play, and really frustrated him. Bad days happen...

No doubt. I think he is going through the same adjustment period that Frease and Samuels are going through as well.

It's tough when you've never had to work hard to dominate.

One difference with Frease is that he goes all out 100% of the time.

I see only spurts with Yancy.

One difference with Frease is that he goes all out 100% of the time.

I see only spurts with Yancy.

True. Frease has also adjusted a lot quicker than the other two in my opinion.

You are right though he had a little bit different adjustment to make. His was more dealing with the speed and size of opponents and learning how to score against that as opposed to just exerting himself like the other two need to learn.

Is it me or has Yancy simply not figured out how hard he has to play?

To me, he has been a bit of a disappointment considering the hype.

I know there are reasons, foul trouble, lack of point guard, etc...

He is a 10 and 6 guy right now, but for someone his size I thought he would be more of a defensive force, blocking shots altering shots, and I dont see it...more or less, I don't think his presence is felt while in the game.

Now granted I have not seen all of their games...

Maybe his expectations were much higher than what he was ready for.