Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Villanova 71 Cincinnati 50

Featured Replies

Common theme for a UC loss. Vaughn isn't hitting shots and the rest of the team isn't at a level yet to make up for it. Add in Mike Williams getting zero and it could have been worse...

Common theme for a UC loss. Vaughn isn't hitting shots and the rest of the team isn't at a level yet to make up for it. Add in Mike Williams getting zero and it could have been worse...

 

Villanova's speed at the guard position just killed us. The 2nd half they just couldn't hit anything! I don't know if I've been a disappointed in a UC player as I am with Mike Williams.

Villanova's speed at the guard position just killed us. The 2nd half they just couldn't hit anything! I don't know if I've been a disappointed in a UC player as I am with Mike Williams.

Mike has been very, very good in Big East play. Nova took away his pick and pop play, and really frustrated him. Bad days happen...

This scores surprises me, I expected UC to play better against Nova...

Saw most of this one. That was certainly disappointing play in the 2nd half for the Bearcats. I guess what I didn't like was the lack of intensity on the defensive end and glass. Lots of easy 2nd chances for Villanova. Cincy showes flashes, just not consistent.

Is it me or has Yancy simply not figured out how hard he has to play?

I turn the game on with UC winning 26-21. I head to the store and come back a half hour later and UC is down 17. :irked:

Is it me or has Yancy simply not figured out how hard he has to play?

 

He has spurts where it seems like he doesn't play hard...he's still young though and still maturing and adjusting to the college game.

He has spurts where it seems like he doesn't play hard...he's still young though and still maturing and adjusting to the college game.

 

When he starts to take advantage of 6'9 260 he'll be a beast.

When he starts to take advantage of 6'9 260 he'll be a beast.

 

No doubt. I think he is going through the same adjustment period that Frease and Samuels are going through as well.

 

It's tough when you've never had to work hard to dominate.

No doubt. I think he is going through the same adjustment period that Frease and Samuels are going through as well.

 

It's tough when you've never had to work hard to dominate.

 

One difference with Frease is that he goes all out 100% of the time.

 

I see only spurts with Yancy.

One difference with Frease is that he goes all out 100% of the time.

 

I see only spurts with Yancy.

 

True. Frease has also adjusted a lot quicker than the other two in my opinion.

 

You are right though he had a little bit different adjustment to make. His was more dealing with the speed and size of opponents and learning how to score against that as opposed to just exerting himself like the other two need to learn.

Is it me or has Yancy simply not figured out how hard he has to play?

 

To me, he has been a bit of a disappointment considering the hype.

I know there are reasons, foul trouble, lack of point guard, etc...

He is a 10 and 6 guy right now, but for someone his size I thought he would be more of a defensive force, blocking shots altering shots, and I dont see it...more or less, I don't think his presence is felt while in the game.

Now granted I have not seen all of their games...

Maybe his expectations were much higher than what he was ready for.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.