February 2, 200917 yr No doubt. I think he is going through the same adjustment period that Frease and Samuels are going through as well. It's tough when you've never had to work hard to dominate. Both Frease and Samuels are not very athletic, I have said it for a while Samuels is a below the rim type player. He is pretty good though. I dont think he is 6'9 though.
February 2, 200917 yr The numbers for Yancy are very similar to Kenyon as a JUNIOR. He will become a force if he stays two more years...
February 2, 200917 yr The numbers for Yancy are very similar to Kenyon as a JUNIOR. He will become a force if he stays two more years... Kenyon was an athletic freak who played very hard. He could shoot a lick when he was a frosh.
February 2, 200917 yr The numbers for Yancy are very similar to Kenyon as a JUNIOR. He will become a force if he stays two more years... He's going to have to adopt some of Kenyon's attitude or it won't happen. He needs a fire lit under his big rear end.
February 2, 200917 yr Both Frease and Samuels are not very athletic, I have said it for a while Samuels is a below the rim type player. He is pretty good though. I dont think he is 6'9 though. So Samuels does play consistently hard and is realizing his full potential night in and night out?
February 2, 200917 yr I havent seen all of UL's games. I dont think his effort has been questioned and he has been in way more foul trouble than Gates. Samuels shots a pretty decent percentage and is above average for frosh bigs regarding free throw pct. I think Gates has more skill than Samuels.
February 2, 200917 yr I havent seen all of UL's games. I dont think his effort has been questioned and he has been in way more foul trouble than Gates. Samuels shots a pretty decent percentage and is above average for frosh bigs regarding free throw pct. I think Gates has more skill than Samuels. I disagree. I think his effort and aggressiveness has been very much in question. At times he looks great and at other times, like any freshman, he fades and isn't near aggressive enough.
February 2, 200917 yr I disagree. I think his effort and aggressiveness has been very much in question. At times he looks great and at other times, like any freshman, he fades and isn't near aggressive enough. If you say so..like I said I have not seen them enough...I know he averages close to four fouls a game. That may cut into his aggression, but he is surrounded by good talent.
February 2, 200917 yr Interesting stat I ran across tonight. When you rank all teams according to their experience, UC is 267 in the country in experience. There are some other teams that may surprise you, that are very young.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.