Marvin wants Bengals to be a more disciplined team

Caldwell

The same Caldwell who caught 11 passes this season? He might be the answer in time, but a stretch to think he'll replace TJ's 92 catches. Maybe he'll get some help from the Bengals' 2nd round pick Simpson, who hauled in one catch this season. One. For two yards. Our 2nd and 3rd round picks caught 12 balls for 80 yards. Impressive. :irked:

The Bengals have not been in the playoffs since 2005, so coach Marvin Lewis knows things have to improve next season.

Step one: A more disciplined team.

"Some of our better players have not played up to the standard they need to play to," Lewis said Wednesday.

"From blocking to finishing plays, to our wide receivers blocking and being at the right depth on routes. The discipline of guys playing those spots has to improve. They eroded, and that's what hurt us and got our QB hurt," Lewis said.

So basically Marvin admitted that he and his staff did a horrible job coaching, let the players underperform without any consequences, and are now so awful that there's no point in tagging anyone or changing any of the coaching staff? Man, I'm really excited about 2009. It should be SO different from the past few years. :rolleyes:

Was the aim of the article about discipline on or off the field? Serious question. And can you separate them? I have alot of Bengal fans as friends (bless their hearts) and I'm not sure any of them want TJ to stay. I would think from an opponents perspective, keeping my QB upright and shoring up my D-line would be priority one. Tough to argue that the leagues best defensive teams have gone the farthest in the playoffs, with AZ the only aberration.

The same Caldwell who caught 11 passes this season? He might be the answer in time, but a stretch to think he'll replace TJ's 92 catches. Maybe he'll get some help from the Bengals' 2nd round pick Simpson, who hauled in one catch this season. One. For two yards. Our 2nd and 3rd round picks caught 12 balls for 80 yards. Impressive. :irked:

Yes that Caldwell, the one who got his chance when TJ didn't play at the end. I believe he is the answer sooner than later. He is bigger,stronger and faster than TJ. Not to mention alot cheaper and younger. I don't believe TJ even saw the field very much his first year or two.

I am a big TJ fan, but I can understand the Bengals side if they can't sign him.Hopefully they can work something out with him if not that is okay too.

I think we'd all agree.

And it starts this offseason. I like TJ the WR, but he did not do us any favors by working out by himself in California. This team needs an identity, and you're not going to get that when you have "leaders" who are on the other side of the country.