January 31, 200917 yr Author To give Chad some credit, they had a stat on Hines Ward. He was 23 of 23 for catches that were made on 3rd down. All 23 were for first downs. Three other receivers were 100% on their 3rd down catches creating 1st downs. Chad was 11 for 11.
January 31, 200917 yr The ONLY way you get him to come to Cincinnati is to overpay him out the wazzou. Bengals would have to double whatever the Titans offer. :thumb: I don't see Haynesworth leaving Tennessee for Cincy unless it is for a lot of money.
January 31, 200917 yr :thumb: I don't see Haynesworth leaving Tennessee for Cincy unless it is for a lot of money. Where ever he goes it is going to be for a lot of money.:thumb:
January 31, 200917 yr I know TJ isn't a spring chicken, but look at D. Mason, he's the same type of Wr and he's five years older than TJ. TJ could and would play for me any day of the week.
January 31, 200917 yr The ONLY way you get him to come to Cincinnati is to overpay him out the wazzou. Bengals would have to double whatever the Titans offer. Brown has to pay someone eventuslly and he is the guy to go out and get.
January 31, 200917 yr TJ doesnt want the franchise tag. Can you blame him with the shape the Bengals are in.
January 31, 200917 yr Caldwell The same Caldwell who caught 11 passes this season? He might be the answer in time, but a stretch to think he'll replace TJ's 92 catches. Maybe he'll get some help from the Bengals' 2nd round pick Simpson, who hauled in one catch this season. One. For two yards. Our 2nd and 3rd round picks caught 12 balls for 80 yards. Impressive. :irked:
January 31, 200917 yr The Bengals have not been in the playoffs since 2005, so coach Marvin Lewis knows things have to improve next season. Step one: A more disciplined team. "Some of our better players have not played up to the standard they need to play to," Lewis said Wednesday. "From blocking to finishing plays, to our wide receivers blocking and being at the right depth on routes. The discipline of guys playing those spots has to improve. They eroded, and that's what hurt us and got our QB hurt," Lewis said. So basically Marvin admitted that he and his staff did a horrible job coaching, let the players underperform without any consequences, and are now so awful that there's no point in tagging anyone or changing any of the coaching staff? Man, I'm really excited about 2009. It should be SO different from the past few years.
January 31, 200917 yr Was the aim of the article about discipline on or off the field? Serious question. And can you separate them? I have alot of Bengal fans as friends (bless their hearts) and I'm not sure any of them want TJ to stay. I would think from an opponents perspective, keeping my QB upright and shoring up my D-line would be priority one. Tough to argue that the leagues best defensive teams have gone the farthest in the playoffs, with AZ the only aberration.
January 31, 200917 yr The same Caldwell who caught 11 passes this season? He might be the answer in time, but a stretch to think he'll replace TJ's 92 catches. Maybe he'll get some help from the Bengals' 2nd round pick Simpson, who hauled in one catch this season. One. For two yards. Our 2nd and 3rd round picks caught 12 balls for 80 yards. Impressive. :irked: Yes that Caldwell, the one who got his chance when TJ didn't play at the end. I believe he is the answer sooner than later. He is bigger,stronger and faster than TJ. Not to mention alot cheaper and younger. I don't believe TJ even saw the field very much his first year or two. I am a big TJ fan, but I can understand the Bengals side if they can't sign him.Hopefully they can work something out with him if not that is okay too.
January 31, 200917 yr I think we'd all agree. And it starts this offseason. I like TJ the WR, but he did not do us any favors by working out by himself in California. This team needs an identity, and you're not going to get that when you have "leaders" who are on the other side of the country.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.