Ballard 62 Boone County 60

Ballard's Cox was 5-7 from 3 in the first half and had 21. Boone switched to a 3-2 zone in the second, and he hardly sniffed the scorebook after that. Boone made a huge comeback in the 3rd after being down 16 at halftime. Boone was up 4-5 with a few minutes left. Ballard got the lead. Boone had the ball with 10 seconds left, but Gabbard had a turnover, and Ballard ran the clock out.

Boone is definitley a top 20 team and deserves more respect! They played Eastern and Ballard and Trinity to the wire. Nobody thought Boone would play Ballard this close.

When I looked at the live updates and seen they were down 15 at half, I thought there was no way they would get back in it. I was way off line with that assumption. They are a solid team, def the 2nd best in N.KY in my opionion even with the poor outing against Highlands. They are a solid team and competing with those teams is great but at the end of the day there are no moral victories. They have 1 more chance to pull off a marque win in the regular season, if they do that then I will talk about the top 20 if not they are on the edge but I dont know if they are quite there yet.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

ETA I agree with you. They let Boone take the lead for a short stint in the 4th if I am not mistaken, after being up by 15 at half. Thats not the mark of a top 10 team. They didnt win this game, they survived it.

Well said bigmarc :laugh:

Kinda figured it'd be a close game like this but didn't think Boone would only lose by 2.

Ballard has to learn to finish teams off.

I don't think this is the same Ballard team that Holmes played in early December. They are a much better team at this point in the season!!

Nice effort for Boone to get back in this game and make it close at the end.

I don't think this is the same Ballard team that Holmes played in early December. They are a much better team at this point in the season!!

Nice effort for Boone to get back in this game and make it close at the end.

What does Holmes have to do with this thread? :confused:

What does Holmes have to do with this thread? :confused:

Because if you're going to make estimates of how Boone should fare against Ballard and by reading the occasional thread on BGP, I know you have knowledge of how they fared against Holmes, I was trying to let you know that this Ballard team has shown significant improvement since that game.

Boone deserves credit for a nice second half, that's all I am implying! :thumb:

Because if you're going to make estimates of how Boone should fare against Ballard and by reading the occasional thread on BGP, I know you have knowledge of how they fared against Holmes, I was trying to let you know that this Ballard team has shown significant improvement since that game.

Boone deserves credit for a nice second half, that's all I am implying! :thumb:

I've actually seen Ballard several times this year and seen Boone twice. From the times I've seen them I actually thought Ballard would win by 5-10. (Predicted the score to be 64-57) I was just surprised that Ballard got up by that much and let Boone creep back in the game. I was giving Boone credit for being able to hang in there and fight back, but also saying that Ballard has to learn to finish teams off if they want to make a run and get to Rupp. :thumb: