Boone County 69 Campbell County 67

Hey I'll take a 5 point win over preseason #1 over a 2 point win over CC. ;)

A good win, yes, dominating, not in any way. I don't care how much Holmes led by, if they were dominating, they would not have let SC come back and cut the lead so much. Take away Riley and associates hot 5-6 3 point shooting in the first q, and Phares fouling out, and it may be a much different game. Riley is still shooting well, but his shooting percentages have been coming down since then. I am not going to compare Boone and Holmes. The Holmes boys are good. The W's and L's are the most important statistic, especially in the post-season, and both teams have done well in the W/L area so far, regardless of how "dominating" they have been.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some games played this year...

-Jeffersontown 74, Lexington Catholic 62

-Corbin 74, Lexington Catholic 71

-Scott County 71, Mason County 64

-Scott County 90, Ballard 70

-Holmes 70, Scott County 65

-Bryan Station 86, Holmes 72

Color me confused. Are the above teams not "good competition?" I think 9th/northern 10th Region people are used to those 40-35 snoozers between Highlands/Brossart/Ryle, etc. and forget that the object of the game, while playing good defense, is ultimately putting up more points than your opponent. Sorry, but 69-67 is not high scoring.

:thumb:

-Corbin 74, Lexington Catholic 71

-Holmes 70, Scott County 65

-Bryan Station 86, Holmes 72

Color me confused. Are the above teams not "good competition?" I think 9th/northern 10th Region people are used to those 40-35 snoozers between Highlands/Brossart/Ryle, etc. and forget that the object of the game, while playing good defense, is ultimately putting up more points than your opponent. Sorry, but 69-67 is not high scoring.

I was more referencing my comment in regards to Campbell Co who rarely has a game in the high 50's or 60's for that matter.

BTW...offense sells tickets, defense wins championships. :sssh:

A good win, yes, dominating, not in any way. I don't care how much Holmes led by, if they were dominating, they would not have let SC come back and cut the lead so much. Take away Riley and associates hot 5-6 3 point shooting in the first q, and Phares fouling out, and it may be a much different game. Riley is still shooting well, but his shooting percentages have been coming down since then. I am not going to compare Boone and Holmes. The Holmes boys are good. The W's and L's are the most important statistic, especially in the post-season, and both teams have done well in the W/L area so far, regardless of how "dominating" they have been.

What does Holmes game against Scott Co have to do with this thread? :idunno::lol:

Holmes has shot like that from outside pretty much all year, so not sure where the "Take Riley and associates 3 point shooting away..." came from. Don't good teams consistently make shots? It's not like they had a career night in the game. Holmes has 3 starters shooting 50% or better because the players are just that skilled and talented.

What does Holmes game against Scott Co have to do with this thread? :idunno::lol:

You contradict yourself in your logic. I merely brought this game up as an example. You stress certain points when it supports your team and contradict or play them down when criticizing other teams.

Holmes has shot like that from outside pretty much all year, so not sure where the "Take Riley and associates 3 point shooting away..." came from. Don't good teams consistently make shots? It's not like they had a career night in the game.

Sorry, but he is no longer shooting 60 to 80% from three, and no player will. He still shoots a good 50% from 3, but he had a very hot start.

You contradict yourself in your logic. I merely brought this game up as an example. You stress certain points when it supports your team and contradict or play them down when criticizing other teams.

I simply stated I wouldn't exactly call a 2 point win as not being close and you replied with the Scott Co/Holmes comment.

I simply stated I wouldn't exactly call a 2 point win as not being close and you replied with the Scott Co/Holmes comment.

My point remains that the game was not as close as the final score indicated. I never said it was a dominating performance by Boone.

I brought Holmes/SC up as an example where you had stated in earlier threads that Holmes dominated SC and that the game wasn't as close as the score indicated. They only won by 5. So how come Holmes' close wins can be not as close as the score indicated, but that can't apply to other teams?

Sorry, but he is no longer shooting 60 to 80% from three, and no player will. He still shoots a good 50% from 3, but he had a very hot start.

Riley's shooting percentage went down because of the two game stretch against Knox Central and Ballard where he was 3 for 11 from behind the arc.

Other than those two games he is shooting right around 60% from outside.

Riley's shooting percentage went down because of the two game stretch against Knox Central and Ballard where he was 3 for 11 from behind the arc.

Other than those two games he is shooting right around 60% from outside.

Again, still good, but the law of averages still applies. The probability that he shoots 5-6 from 3 against SC the next time is possible but not high.

My point remains that the game was not as close as the final score indicated. I never said it was a dominating performance by Boone.

I brought Holmes/SC up as an example where you had stated in earlier threads that Holmes dominated SC and that the game wasn't as close as the score indicated. They only won by 5. So how come Holmes' close wins can be not as close as the score indicated, but that can't apply to other teams?

Holmes 7 point win against Conner was a close game. Holmes game against Scott CO? Not so much. Again, take away the 3 minute stretch where JJ comes out with an injury and Arnold is forced to handle the ball which led to 4 STRAIGHT Holmes TO's and Holmes wins by 10+. They were up 13 when he came out, got back in with a 3 point lead and they increased it back to 9within a minute. And technically Jackson made a 3 with 5 second left which gave the final score. Again, game wasn't close as the score indicated. Holmes led by 13+ until the last 4 minutes of the game.

Holmes 7 point win against Conner was a close game. Holmes game against Scott CO? Not so much. Again, take away the 3 minute stretch where JJ comes out with an injury and Arnold is forced to handle the ball which led to 4 STRAIGHT Holmes TO's and Holmes wins by 10+. They were up 13 when he came out, got back in with a 3 point lead and they increased it back to 9within a minute. And technically Jackson made a 3 with 5 second left which gave the final score. Again, game wasn't close as the score indicated. Holmes led by 13+ until the last 4 minutes of the game.

No matter what all the "what-if's" are, the final score still remained a fairly close score. Boone was up 8-10 until the final couple of minutes against Campbell, and I could cite various reasons why Campbell was able to cut the lead to 2 at the buzzer. For example, Earls and McFarland were both in foul trouble in the 4th quarter. Would it be fair to say in both games that the final score may have been closer than the game really was?

No matter what all the "what-if's" are, the final score still remained a fairly close score. Boone was up 8-10 until the final couple of minutes against Campbell, and I could cite various reasons why Campbell was able to cut the lead to 2 at the buzzer. For example, Earls and McFarland were both in foul trouble in the 4th quarter. Would it be fair to say in both games that the final score may have been closer than the game really was?

I wasn't at the game so I'll just take your word for it regarding Boone/Campbell. SC/Holmes...I think I've made it clear how I feel about that. ;)

BTW...offense sells tickets, defense wins championships. :sssh:

Bolded schools in my example of who have recently won state championships!

2002 - Lexington Catholic

2003 - Mason County

2006 - Jeffersontown

2007 - Scott County

2008 - Mason County

To be fair, though, Eta Rho, I understand your point. Just giving you a hard time.:thumb: