The 2 yr old is now climbing out of her crib

Qryche11

Ok, I knew this night would come and it is here. We put our overly tired daughter down tonight and went in the other room. A minute later she comes running in crying I about lost it. She normally goes right down and has always gone down without crying but now has figured out she can get out.

My wife is putting her back in each time she gets out. This is the 9th time we are counting and she is following what the "Nanny" does on TV. Anybody else have the pleasure of dealing with this?

Rubber snakes on the floor...

...just kidding. Couldn't help it.

Every kid is different. Only had one of three do this. Got him a real bigboy bed and it stopped. Seems he just wanted a change of venue. But he also had two older brothers and may have wanted a bed like theirs.

Yes we dealt with that. My suggestion is a big girl bed. We took the crib out the minute out little girl started that for safety reasons. It takes one time for them to miss judge and they can really hurt themselves. My son was in his big bed by 19 months b/c he was climbing but my daughter was 2. She did great and took to her bed with no problems. They first night was a little rough b/c it scared her a bit. I just kept doing what you are doing now, going back in and laying her down. After about 20 min she was fine and I never heard a peep out of her. Good luck.

We put in the plastic "big boy" bed for my almost 2 year-old last week. Also put a lock on the outside of his door so he can't manipulate the handle. He's whined a few times and fallen asleep behind the door (with his little hand reaching under the crack), but I think he's realized that its much more comfy in the bed with the pillow and blankies.

We put in the plastic "big boy" bed for my almost 2 year-old last week. Also put a lock on the outside of his door so he can't manipulate the handle. He's whined a few times and fallen asleep behind the door (with his little hand reaching under the crack), but I think he's realized that its much more comfy in the bed with the pillow and blankies.

We did the same with the lock...but we put a baby lock on the inside b/c out daughter would be out in a second lol.

My brother was a little snot....he had to have a plastic racing car big boy bed when he was 12 months old. He started looking at the crib and cry and cry. My dad got him his bed for his first birthday. My parents put him in it and the first night he slept. They never had a problem with him after that.

We must've been lucky. Our little one only climbed out of her's once. So, when we felt the time was right, we took the side rail off and converted her bed to a toddler bed. We put a gate at her door so she couldn't get out, and the dog couldn't get in. We didn't like the idea of closing the door.

We went through this with out daughter and our son will be hitting it (no pun intended) during the next year. With our daughter, we just heard a big THUD in the middle of the night and then some crying. We let her sleep with us that night and then the next morning, I took the rails off the crib and converted it to the big-girl bed. Its definately not worth the risk to let them break an arm or something. You should immediately switch to the big bed. :thumb:

It was kind of cute this morning she walked into the kitchen with her blanky and smiling. I said "did you climb out of bed again?" She just smiled and said "Can I have some juice?" LOL

The crib we have converts to a daybed. I am taking the rail off today so she can be a big girl now. HOpefully she wont decide to get out of bed and try to come join mommy and daddy though. I went through that with my teenagers when they were young and my wife and I vowed we wouldnt deal with that for this one.