The 2 yr old is now climbing out of her crib

Qryche11

Took the crib rail off the bed today. My wife is attempting to lay her down for nap. She just let me know she made 13 trips back to the bed with her. She is at the point now of just coming to her room door, opening it slightly and crying for you name it. Ga maw, Banion (brandon older brother), Bubby (other older brother), Daddy, you name it. Breaks my wife's heart but she is sticking to her guns.

Took the crib rail off the bed today. My wife is attempting to lay her down for nap. She just let me know she made 13 trips back to the bed with her. She is at the point now of just coming to her room door, opening it slightly and crying for you name it. Ga maw, Banion (brandon older brother), Bubby (other older brother), Daddy, you name it. Breaks my wife's heart but she is sticking to her guns.

AWWW that is so hard but tell her to be strong. It broke my heart too, hearing her little voice yell for me and everyone else. Too sweet, she wants anyone to save her lol. Those transitions are huge but rough. We just went though the pacifier transition. It went rather well but she still would ask for them and I felt so bad for her. But I was strong and we got past it. Congrats on that mile stone. I will pray for a smooth evening for you at bed time.

AWWW that is so hard but tell her to be strong. It broke my heart too, hearing her little voice yell for me and everyone else. Too sweet, she wants anyone to save her lol. Those transitions are huge but rough. We just went though the pacifier transition. It went rather well but she still would ask for them and I felt so bad for her. But I was strong and we got past it. Congrats on that mile stone. I will pray for a smooth evening for you at bed time.

Thanks, my poor wife is headstrong and that is good for this situation. LOL

You know, my wife and I must be the luckiest parents in the world. We have a 4-year old and a 1-year onld and they BOTH sleep the entire night from 8:00 or so to 8:00 or so. We haven't been up more than 10 times EVER in the middle of the night. They view it as a treat if they ever get to sleep with us and are just fine with going back to their own beds the next night. Talk about lucky!

You know, my wife and I must be the luckiest parents in the world. We have a 4-year old and a 1-year onld and they BOTH sleep the entire night from 8:00 or so to 8:00 or so. We haven't been up more than 10 times EVER in the middle of the night. They view it as a treat if they ever get to sleep with us and are just fine with going back to their own beds the next night. Talk about lucky!

You know you just jinxed yourself right?

We got that luck with our daughter. She loves her bed, her room and her sleep. Never has she slept with us and has no desire to. Now my son on the other hand he loves our bed. He will sleep in his bed but he fights it tooth and nail to go to sleep lol. I created that monster when he was about 6 months old and got really sick. I wanted him to be close to me so I put him in bed with us. BAD IDEA.

Well my two year old from day 1 has always been put down for naps and bedtime awake so we didnt form bad habits. She is only struggling now because she knows she can get out of the bed. I think it might only be a few days/nights of 40-50 minute struggles. Staying consistent and not giving in is the key.

Thank you SuperNanny !!! LOL

Our 2-year old is the same. She has always slept through the night, however, it's usually 11:00 to 10:00. She's a night owl. We've tried and tried to get her to bed earlier, but no luck. She's just like her daddy. :D Our fear is that whenever we have #2, it will be the complete opposite. :irked:

As for naps, we stopped giving them to her months ago. Our first thought would be that it would cause her to fall asleep earlier, but we were wrong. She still stays up late. She gets a 2nd wind after dinner, and a 3rd wind after her bath.