Highlands' freshman standout players from 2008

jbwill2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked what I saw of RB/LB Jake "the Truth" True (a Josh Connor clone), WR/DB "Wizard of" Ozzie Sheehan, QB "Cardiac" Carter New, and S/K/back-up QB "For Whom the Bell" Towles. They ALL will have to take the off season conditioning VERY serious if they have any chance to see varsity action. Plenty of other really nice size boys with great POTENTIAL in this class!

I liked what I saw of RB/LB Jake "the Truth" True (a Josh Connor clone), WR/DB "Wizard of" Ozzie Sheehan, QB "Cardiac" Carter New, and S/K/back-up QB "For Whom the Bell" Towles. They ALL will have to take the off season conditioning VERY serious if they have any chance to see varsity action. Plenty of other really nice size boys with great POTENTIAL in this class!

Are we going to have to hear these nicknames every time you post about them for the next 3+ years?:lol:

How many sophomores played for Highlands this year, or in years past? I would guess at a program like Highlands it is very difficult for a sophomore to get playing time. Is that guess accurate? I saw Highlands freshmen one game and would say True is the only one big and athletic enough to maybe get some playing time on varsity next year.

How many sophomores played for Highlands this year, or in years past? I would guess at a program like Highlands it is very difficult for a sophomore to get playing time. Is that guess accurate? I saw Highlands freshmen one game and would say True is the only one big and athletic enough to maybe get some playing time on varsity next year.

What most forget is HHS is really a small school. Usually a handful of sophs play varsity. It does vary from year to year though.

If I recall correctly, Josh Conner got some varsity PT in the backfield (along with Jordan Kramer, who was a senior that year) when Conner was a sophomore two years back. Also, I know that Compton saw varsity playing time this year as a sophomore RB (now, it was probably in mop-up duty, but it was in varsity games, nonetheless).

What most forget is HHS is really a small school. Usually a handful of sophs play varsity. It does vary from year to year though.

How many players dress varsity per game? I guess HHS could be considered small since they are probably just below the half way mark in student size, but I think it is pushing it a little to call HHS a small school. Smaller in student population than virtually all the teams they play but not a small school overall. Plus, it is such a good program I would bet they dress more varsity players than the majority of the schools in the state. That is why I am guessing it is tough for a sophomore to get quality playing time on varsity.

How many players dress varsity per game? I guess HHS could be considered small since they are probably just below the half way mark in student size, but I think it is pushing it a little to call HHS a small school. Smaller in student population than virtually all the teams they play but not a small school overall. Plus, it is such a good program I would bet they dress more varsity players than the majority of the schools in the state. That is why I am guessing it is tough for a sophomore to get quality playing time on varsity.

I'm not sure on how many dress. 60-75? Like I say it varies year to year. 05 I believe there were 7 or 8 sophs that saw significant time. That's probably on the upper end of the number of sophs that play varsity though.

I'm not sure on how many dress. 60-75? Like I say it varies year to year. 05 I believe there were 7 or 8 sophs that saw significant time. That's probably on the upper end of the number of sophs that play varsity though.

What was there W/L record in 05? Playing that many sophmores is definitely not the norm.

Is that the same Jake True that plaed at Turkey Foot Middle School last year?

Is that the same Jake True that plaed at Turkey Foot Middle School last year?

I don't know about Turkey Foot but yes it is the same Jake True from the Kenton County area. His parents moved to Ft Thomas before his freshman year and are renting a house in town. They are currently saving an old victorian home located in the south end of town. I have talked to Jake's dad on several occasions and he has said it is the smartest Move he has ever made. They are here for quite some time and we are glad they are here.:thumb:

Best one I have heard so far DMZ.

They have a solid group of skilled players. One kid that got hurt like the 4th play of the finals vs. Beechwood who could have been up for MVP was Josh Quillen. He could do it on both sides of the ball. Watch out for him to get some Varsity snaps throughout the year.

Ben Dupont could develop into a very good player as well. This class will need to really hit it hard to see the field as the Birds are very deep next year. I look for this class to really stand out as JR's and be somewhat comparable to this season's Jr class.