C-J All-State Team - Merry Christmas

diamondog

:laugh: That is some funny stuff. Where do those 5A and 6A schools get those bigger then normal kids, Atlantis?

And, I have seen many of the bigger schools play, in fact, I have seen several of them get beat by the midget 1A and 2A teams. They are so cute out their running around the bahemith larger players. I think it is unfair for a 1A school to have to play those Palestines.

:thumb: I guess that some people will only be happy when they divide the All State teams into six classes....and oh...maybe a special class just for T/X....and Highlands can have their own class, too. ;)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: I guess that some people will only be happy when they divide the All State teams into six classes....and oh...maybe a special class just for T/X....and Highlands can have their own class, too. ;)

You're right, unbelievable.

I want to know why only 140 coaches out of over 200 high school head football coaches voted? Am I right in thinking that over one-third of the head school head football coaches do not even take the opportunity to vote?

Shame on the coaches who did not vote for the All-state team!

Does anyone know why a head football coach in the state of Kentucky would not cast a vote for the All-state team? Are there any valid excuses as to why they wouldn't vote? Is it public record from the Courier Journal as to what coaches did not vote?

Why has no one answered my question about why one third of the head football coaches in the state of Kentucky did not vote for the all-state team for the largest newspaper in the Commonwealth?

I am very curious to know some of the answers/excuses.

I have a hard time understanding how a kid doesn't make the all area team but makes the all state team when the coaches vote in both of them. If the area coaches don't think you are one of the best in the area, how are you voted one of the best by coaches throughout the state?

I like these end of the year all whatever teams less and less each year and this year has really befuddled me. What are the kids being picked for these lists have to do? Are stats just thrown out of the window?

These lists have to be political in nature because more and more I see kids who had good years, but I see or have seen kids from the same teams with better stats and who did more for the team that don't get mentioned at all and that makes no sense to me at all.

Congrats to all the Boyle County kids that made 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team, the Aumiller's(Jordan and Grant), Lamar Dawson(the only sophomore to make one of the top 3 teams on defense), and Daniel Wiechart. And also to those who made honorable mention Rees MacShara and Phillip Mason. Thanks for a great season.

These things are a joke. They need to break up the "All-State" teams into big school (4A-6A), and small school (1A-3A). No one can tell me that the kids on these lists from 1, 2, & 3A schools are better players than bigger, faster, and stronger kids that played better competition at the bigger schools. If you don't agree, watch a 5 or 6A game then watch a 1 or 2A game, and tell me there isn't a difference.

Please, I watched all the champion ships and the kids from the smaller schools that were good would be good on those other teams too. You know I find these things the CJ all state team to be a much better representation of the state than other lists that show too much love to the big schools or cities.

Why has no one answered my question about why one third of the head football coaches in the state of Kentucky did not vote for the all-state team for the largest newspaper in the Commonwealth?

I am very curious to know some of the answers/excuses.

my guess would be laziness. Every coach gets a ballot, I am very surprised that coach would not take the chance to do something for the players they see.