C-J All-State Team - Merry Christmas

diamondog

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you congratulate those that made it at the same time you tell them that some of them aren't worthy of the honor and couldn't play a down at the next level? :lol: One comment or the other would have been enough.

Good point on the college issue though. Many choose NOT to play at the college level for whatever reason. The All State lists are not "who has the most college potential" lists, but those that have performed the best at the HS level.

Excellent post and pretty much what I was feeling with my retort. :thumb:

How can you congratulate those that made it at the same time you tell them that some of them aren't worthy of the honor and couldn't play a down at the next level? :lol: One comment or the other would have been enough.

Good point on the college issue though. Many choose NOT to play at the college level for whatever reason. The All State lists are not "who has the most college potential" lists, but those that have performed the best at the HS level.

Just said that some picks are political, it is an honor for any high school player to make the list. Just saying to those that didn't make it to keep their chins up . . . the list is more often than not political. I was trying to encourage those who didn't make it not discourage those that did. If it came across otherwise it was not the intent.

Congrats to Neil Wilson of Monroe Co. for making second team. Neil is a very fine young man and deserving of this honor. Also congrats to Josh Carter of Fort Campbell. Had the honor of seeing him play in state semi final game a real good football player and another fine young man. Good luck at Western and the rest of your life Josh.

I am dissappointed not to see SR. Linebackers Iven Jessup and Jaquez Samuel who according to MaxPreps were #1 and #2 in the State in tackles not even get a mention. Senior QB Levin led 6A in Completions per game, was #2 in 6A in Comp %, and #3 in 6A in Total completions, Total passing yards, and Pass yards per game. Madisonville is just a few students from being 4A but made a decent run in 6A, they got shafted in this pathetically political process.

This is not intended to take away from those selected, it was well deserved. I am just a little dissappointed that Madisonville did not get a little more representation.

Edited by spartan18c

These things are a joke. They need to break up the "All-State" teams into big school (4A-6A), and small school (1A-3A). No one can tell me that the kids on these lists from 1, 2, & 3A schools are better players than bigger, faster, and stronger kids that played better competition at the bigger schools. If you don't agree, watch a 5 or 6A game then watch a 1 or 2A game, and tell me there isn't a difference.

These things are a joke. They need to break up the "All-State" teams into big school (4A-6A), and small school (1A-3A). No one can tell me that the kids on these lists from 1, 2, & 3A schools are better players than bigger, faster, and stronger kids that played better competition at the bigger schools. If you don't agree, watch a 5 or 6A game then watch a 1 or 2A game, and tell me there isn't a difference.

:laugh: That is some funny stuff. Where do those 5A and 6A schools get those bigger then normal kids, Atlantis?

And, I have seen many of the bigger schools play, in fact, I have seen several of them get beat by the midget 1A and 2A teams. They are so cute out their running around the bahemith larger players. I think it is unfair for a 1A school to have to play those Palestines.

To quote a favorite line from Cheers .... "What color is the sky in your world?":lol: