Your Bow

StepYoGameUp

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shoot a PSE Renegade, which is an old bow. But I am setup well on it and am dead on out to 40 yards. The first bow I owned was a Bear Whitetail at 55lbs. Next came the Whitetail II. I was just a pup back then....

A whitetail hunter was my first bow as well, same poundage. I know one thing, those bows were dang near indestructable, the old hanger type wheels there was not a lot to go wrong with. The Whitetail hunter was so slow that a person may have been able to run and beat the arrow to the target :lol: but they were deadly accurate.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I use to shoot Muzzy 3 blade but when I bought my Tribute I couldn't get them to fly worth a crap out of it. I switched to slick tricks and loved them. Decided to try Rages a couple of years ago and will never shoot anything else now. I can take 6 arrows, 3 with field tips and 3 with Rages, shoot all 6 at 5 yards and won't have to touch my sites. I could never do that with Muzzy's or Slick Tricks. They would always hit a little lower then field points even at 20 yards. Plus if you have never seen what a Rage 2 blade does to a deer you would be amazed.

As far as the G5 Montecs, I have never personally shot them but a buddy of mine use too and really liked them. He shoots rages now but keeps one arrow in his quiver with a Montec for when he hunts in his blind. You can't shoot the Rages through Mesh.

Bought some rage 2 blade. My bow is set at 60lb and they do not exit the deer. I lose an arrow every time. I'm going back to Muzzy 3 blades. Tried and true.

Pass through has everything to do with shot placement and nothing to do with your poundage. I never had a pass through until I started shooting rages. I also never missed hitting the shoulder until I switched to rages. My bow is a 60lb max and the last time I checked it it was only pulling about 57lbs. Had a pass through on a 30 yard shot.