Make Your Own 9th Region dream team

CCH24

I think I posted that Isler was being looked at by X not Nutini!

Seems strange that AJ who is a good pitcher but not someone who posters are talking about, has been signed by MSU... Just seems strange that some better players (just not my opionon) are not getting looked at.

I'd have to agree there. Although I think some schools are holding out to see what the likes of Isler, and Nutini and Darner do this season. If Isler hits the upper 80's and hits 90 [like it is projected he will], I think a lot more doors open and they want to see that. Nutini will get picked up by a good school and so will Darner. But I too found it weird that AJ Smith got signed and I had hardly even heard of him.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems strange that AJ who is a good pitcher but not someone who posters are talking about, has been signed by MSU... Just seems strange that some better players (just not my opionon) are not getting looked at.

Ok cool!

IMO no matter where he goes he will be fine. Nutini is an all around solid player.

This isn't meant in any negative way, but just because people aren't posting about a kid doesn't mean he's not better than those who are getting posted about. The kids who get all the ink and all the debate, aren't always the best players, just the best known or with the most vocal "backers." Jacob Robinson, from SK last year, is a great example. Basically overlooked by many of the local posters but ended up with real DI offers. Great hitter, great fielder, great pitcher. Some things didn't work out and he's playing and doing VERY well at a JUCO, but a very good example. He'll be back at a DI in no time. AJ Smith is long, lean and a prototype DI pitcher with strong mechanics, very good velocity and better than decent "stuff." The truth is we've got more of these kinds of kids in our area than even we ourselves give credit for.

This isn't meant in any negative way, but just because people aren't posting about a kid doesn't mean he's not better than those who are getting posted about. The kids who get all the ink and all the debate, aren't always the best players, just the best known or with the most vocal "backers." Jacob Robinson, from SK last year, is a great example. Basically overlooked by many of the local posters but ended up with real DI offers. Great hitter, great fielder, great pitcher. Some things didn't work out and he's playing and doing VERY well at a JUCO, but a very good example. He'll be back at a DI in no time. AJ Smith is long, lean and a prototype DI pitcher with strong mechanics, very good velocity and better than decent "stuff." The truth is we've got more of these kinds of kids in our area than even we ourselves give credit for.

Not sure of the very good velocity but the rest I agree with....

To defend many who post on this board, I will say that a lot of the folks really do understand the game, however size and poential is what a lot of College coaches gamble on and not just good quality baseball players. I have seen kids like Blazejewski from CovCath (using him as a example only) get nothing when in reality he had one of the most beautiful swings that I have ever seen, but unforuntely he didn't have the body college coaches want.

Again nothing against AJ and I am glad he will get a chance to play for MSU and I will have my daughter look him up and say HI as she attends MSU but was AJ signed because of the potential of his size or for the skills he has now?

Jake Robinson is a great example... Most definitely one of the better players in NKY last year that received little attention.

but was AJ signed because of the potential of his size or for the skills he has now?

I think you might need to take another look. AJ has very good velocity, particularly now. He probably was chosen because of potential, but his current abilities more than warrant the recruitment. I'd class him in the top 4 or 5 in our region this year, easily.

CCH forum Yukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Lots of great players but don't have computer backers. Seen Anderson from Brossart and would definitely start for CCh. Please be unbiased in forum statements. I graduated from CCH and proud of it, but fellow forum members please remember all of the younng men you are referring to are for the most part ; GOOD FRIENDS!!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

To defend many who post on this board, I will say that a lot of the folks really do understand the game, however size and poential is what a lot of College coaches gamble on and not just good quality baseball players. I have seen kids like Blazejewski from CovCath (using him as a example only) get nothing when in reality he had one of the most beautiful swings that I have ever seen, but unforuntely he didn't have the body college coaches want.

Again nothing against AJ and I am glad he will get a chance to play for MSU and I will have my daughter look him up and say HI as she attends MSU but was AJ signed because of the potential of his size or for the skills he has now?

but was AJ signed because of the potential of his size or for the skills he has now?

I think you might need to take another look. AJ has very good velocity, particularly now. He probably was chosen because of potential, but his current abilities more than warrant the recruitment. I'd class him in the top 4 or 5 in our region this year, easily.

Whole heartedly agree! I personally saw the gun (it was a pro scout's gun btw) at a summer workout. Five pitches when I was sitting with the guy...88 89, 90, 90, and 91.

I don't know if he holds that for extended innings yet, and there's more to pitching than velocity but he is still a young body, that will mature and he has gotten better quickly. I think he is just one of those late bloomer kids that fell under the radar.

He is an excellent college catch! If AJ continues to work as hard as he has this past year. We will be following him for many years on the mound! In addition, he is one of those kids you love to see do well. As cliché as it sounds, he is just a really great kid.

Edited by STRIKE3
comply w/Rule #13

I think Connor is a definite in the pitching lineup. He wasn't tournament MVP for nothing, the kid has good stuff. While I'm on NCC, how about Nate Rawe. He's as complete a player as I've seen in a long time. He's fast, he hits, and he's a vacuum at third. He's going to make his mark this year for the Breds. Daniel Loesack is in the same category, except for the fact that he has a little more power at the plate. I can't wait, it should be a great year!

I think Connor is a definite in the pitching lineup. He wasn't tournament MVP for nothing, the kid has good stuff. While I'm on NCC, how about Nate Rawe. He's as complete a player as I've seen in a long time. He's fast, he hits, and he's a vacuum at third. He's going to make his mark this year for the Breds. Daniel Loesack is in the same category, except for the fact that he has a little more power at the plate. I can't wait, it should be a great year!

I agree about Nate Rawe, can't get a bigger heart than that kid. Although for Connor, kid's a little too cocky for me.

I agree about Nate Rawe, can't get a bigger heart than that kid. Although for Connor, kid's a little too cocky for me.

Don't know him, so not commenting specifically about him, but a lot of high school kids fall into this category these days. Humility seems to be a trait that seems to have escaped quite a few athletes these days. That's why it's so darn enjoyable to see and root for the ones that are good but leave the superstar attitude at the door.