November 19, 200817 yr How nice would it be to have that pg back that everyone always said they couldn't wait till he graduated in Bradley...As I said before this season, that this team probably would struggle because we have only two scorers on this team. If this team is not going to play defense and going to turn the ball over, we are not going to win many games. This team doesn't have the offense to win high scoring ball games, especially against good teams. I think this team will end up being like last years team. However as long as injuries dont happen, I think this team will come together a little quicker than last years. Don't forget, Bradley was horrible until Billy G got to him his last year. In any event, I'd rather have Jasper. UK never really got it rolling last year until Jasper came back healthy. That's exactly what this team needs.
November 19, 200817 yr Porter is not good Point, Blank, Period. He is a liability on Defense and cant lead the team on offense... UK is screwed with Porter at the QB spot.
November 19, 200817 yr I was wrong. I went to bed thinking the world would come to an end but here I am, awake ready to start a new day. This loss isnt that big of a deal.People said that after GW, SD, VMI as well....it's shame how the BBN is accepting losses now. IU might win 10 games this year and im going to be furious after every loss. I don't care who it's to.
November 19, 200817 yr I didnt really see much tonight that I liked. Porter shouldn't be starting. Meeks fired up bricks all night. Patterson was a non-factor. Harris didn't rebound (literally). Porter should not be on this team. BG needs to quit wasting a scholarship on this kid.
November 19, 200817 yr UK looked like a D2 team playing in a preseason scrimmage game against a D1 school.. Uh, might be a heck of a game between UK and NKU right now.
November 19, 200817 yr But Dickie V hates UK doesn't he? Thats all we ever hear, is the whining about how much he loves Duke and hates everyone else..... I prefer to stick with Digger Phelps who said "Kentucky has major issues." Yeah, Digger Phelps is the one I would listen to! His opinion is totally unbiased isnt it?:fight:
November 19, 200817 yr Though I do agree ,Billy G not just Throwing Liggins to the wolves this early.
November 19, 200817 yr Patterson has got to touch the ball.. There was a point in the game when he was like 6-6. The problem UK has not getting PP the ball is they don't have the angles to pass it to him. They try to run the offense from half court. They have to take care of the ball,I trust the ball more in Liggins' hands than Porter.
November 19, 200817 yr In case the Big Blue Nation doesn't already know this....Longwood defeated Gardner Webb tonight. Moot point
November 19, 200817 yr Yeah, Digger Phelps is the one I would listen to! His opinion is totally unbiased isnt it?:fight:You don't agree with what he said? I'm not sure how anyone could not.
November 19, 200817 yr Everyone on here is screaming get Patterson the ball. And I wholeheartedly agree. I am sure Billy G. is saying the same thing. The problem is that the guard play is so weak that they cannot get open in a good position to feed Patterson. The majority of the half court sets were ran near half court. If your wings cannot get open and your point guard cannot hit the wings when they are open, it leads to an ugly night!
November 19, 200817 yr Patterson has got to touch the ball.. There was a point in the game when he was like 6-6. The problem UK has not getting PP the ball is they don't have the angles to pass it to him. They try to run the offense from half court. They have to take care of the ball,I trust the ball more in Liggins' hands than Porter. My point..
November 19, 200817 yr I'm sorry...But I have to ask...Really guys? Deuce do you really have to act like that? You are no better than other UK fans (some) when you post that stuff. So pipe down and listen to your big sister!!
November 19, 200817 yr One of my friends is already on the fire Billy G. bandwagon.....His reasoning? He's a great recruiter, but he can't coach. Seriously UK fans, are we that pathetic that we can't even give a coach time to bring his own players in? That's the mindset of the modern sports fan... A new coach gets one year. If his team isn't a national power from the word go in year two, its time to get somebody in there that knows what they're doing and can get that done.
November 19, 200817 yr I personally don't think that the score would've been as bad. Thats just about the one thing I disagree with UK fans on. I think Tubby would've at least played a respectable game. December 10, 2005 - Indiana 79, Kentucky 53 January 7, 2006 - Kansas 73, Kentucky 46 Contrary to popular belief, Tubby Smith's presence on the sideline doesn't guarantee you won't get blown out.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.