Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UNC 77 UK 58

Featured Replies

Wonder what this thread would read if Tubby were coaching now! I love the cats but we must get better at taking care of the ball and feeding the ball into the post. We had some terrible grade school turnovers! I'm not convinced that UNC is that good, we are bad right now!

  • Replies 202
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I understand UNC's defense is awesome, but they looked like a high school team in the opening minutes as far as ball control goes.

Wonder what this thread would read if Tubby were coaching now!

 

 

I personally don't think that the score would've been as bad. Thats just about the one thing I disagree with UK fans on. I think Tubby would've at least played a respectable game.

One of my friends is already on the fire Billy G. bandwagon.....His reasoning? He's a great recruiter, but he can't coach. Seriously UK fans, are we that pathetic that we can't even give a coach time to bring his own players in?

Meeks was shooting too much tonight, but if he didn't shoot then we would just turn the ball over and have no chance to score. lol

Another terrible performance, no question about it. U.K. did come out and show some signs of life in the 2nd half but this game was over at around the 13 minute mark of the 1st half. V.M.I. was a complete embarrassment....No Way should this team lose to them. UNC was an expected loss but the way this team is losing is what bothers me. Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.:mad:....25 in the 1st game, 25 (maybe 26) tonight. There is no excuse for that. Our guard play is terrible.

This team cannot run up and down the floor with teams right now. Defense is non existant, when a player on the opposing team drives the lane with NO one stopping the ball ..that is unacceptable and has happened several times in the last two games! No other way to say it, terrible defense.

ATTN U.K. players -- #54 in the same color uniform that you are wearing is actually on your team :irked:.....get Patterson the basketball, he should touch the ball on EVERY offensive possesion. I said earlier that his team cannot runup and down the flor with people right now, VMI and UNC should prove that. I believe that U.K. has to get into more half court sets, work the basketball for a good shot and make sure that Patterson touches the ball every trip down. At one time Patterson was 7-7 from the floor. I haven't looked to see what he ended up with but that was into the 2nd half. No way shouod he have that few touches, no way.

 

I am not that upset with the loss tonight, really it was expected. I am very upset with the way this team is losing and that is Turnovers.

I will continue to stay with my Cats though, next weekend we "should" be able to get some things corrected with Delaware St. and Longwood (whoever that is). I would think this week will be a long one in practice (and it should be).

 

GO BIG BLUE!!!

The game was over half way through the first half, after that it was fairly even score wise. I expect this team to improve, but the PG position has to improve for this team to reach it's potential. At this point I wish Jasper would have stayed in Lexington.

One of my friends is already on the fire Billy G. bandwagon.....His reasoning? He's a great recruiter, but he can't coach. Seriously UK fans, are we that pathetic that we can't even give a coach time to bring his own players in?

 

Im not a UK fan in anyway but my only statement is that Tubby would never have lost games like they do now. Meaning the VMI game. Just throwing it out there.

I'm beginning to wonder how this UK team would fare against the University of Phoenix Online

Im not a UK fan in anyway but my only statement is that Tubby would never have lost games like they do now. Meaning the VMI game. Just throwing it out there.

 

I agree. I have nothing against Billy G. I say give him time... But for the record, I think that Tubby would do better at this point.

  • Author
#54 in the same color uniform that you are wearing is actually on your team :irked:.....get Patterson the basketball, he should touch the ball on EVERY offensive possesion.

 

:thumb: I agree 100%. Having a big man like that to filter the offense helps tons. David Padgett did it for UL the past few years, UK needs to utilize Patterson the same way.

One of my friends is already on the fire Billy G. bandwagon.....His reasoning? He's a great recruiter, but he can't coach. Seriously UK fans, are we that pathetic that we can't even give a coach time to bring his own players in?

 

Here is the only concern there. He's never coached a team with "his players". I think it's time to put Meeks on the ball...

Wonder what this thread would read if Tubby were coaching now!

 

I was and still am a Tubby supporter but that imo is a dead horse issue for a U.K. thread. I am not just trying to single you out, others have mentioned something about Tubby on other U.K. threads as well. I hope that we don't have that all season.

 

We have a thread on the Minnesota games and Tubby is discussed on that one. (he is 3-0 btw :D:thumb:)

I didnt really see much tonight that I liked. Porter shouldn't be starting. Meeks fired up bricks all night. Patterson was a non-factor. Harris didn't rebound (literally).

At what point is Gillispe considered too stubborn for his own good? Change the offense to fit your talent a little, and a lot of these problems go away...

He is being stubborn with Porter.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "changing your offense" and problems go away.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.