Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UNC 77 UK 58

Featured Replies

Again, I love Darius Miller. I'm excited for his career.

 

Im not seeing it. I view him as similiar to Harris meaning he has no offensive game but is long and a decent athlete

  • Replies 202
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He absolutely was a non factor. Those are good stats for the game. But how many of those points came in the last 7-8 minutes? In the first half, I believe he only had 6 points. If they would have fed him the ball in the first half, instead of throwing up bricks, its a complete different game

 

Again, I agree that he should have gotten the ball more. I stated that in my post along with posting his stats and bringing up that very point.

Again, I love Darius Miller. I'm excited for his career.

:thumb: I think that he is going to be a good one, very good. He just needs playing time/experience.

Harris with 0 rebounds???? That is absolutely unacceptable.

:thumb::thumb:

If I were coach G., I'd make it mandatory to get Patterson a touch below the FT line every possession.

:thumb: Absolutely! Preaching to the Choir here :D. That's what I have been saying this entire thread, along with the obvious turnover problem.

If I were coach G., I'd make it mandatory to get Patterson a touch below the FT line every possession.

 

You took the words right out of my mouth.

UNC is good and will be scary good with Ginyard and Hansbrough.

How good is Ed Davis going to be?

All in all I am not totally surprised by the outcome, this team is going to struggle for a while. Until Liggins develops some, their offense is going to bog down. Their points right now, particularly Porter is trying to intiate offense 40 feet from the basket. When you try to run things that far from the basket you take players out of the comfort zone. Stevenson handling the ball arc extended, forced to put ball on floor, Harris, who I like, forced to handle ball out on floor. This in itself creates problems.

Tonight Porter, and a few others picked up their dribble far too far from the basket, and put ball behind their head...you do that and your done.

I saw some signs in the second half. I like Liggins's ability to "heat the ball up", that in itself helps other defenders.

I saw enough signs tonight to think this team will be okay down the road.

Pass entry/motion.

The / means it's not one in the same.

Get the ball over half court, and then run an offense that doesn't really require a PG.

I'd trust Meeks with the ball over Porter every day of the week. "Too right handed" be darned.

UK has the players to be successful if Gillespie would play to his strengths instead of obvious weaknesses.

Keep putting the ball in Porter and Liggins hands right now, and it will be much of the same until he can whip Liggins in to shape over Christmas break, and hope it works is where they stand.

Luckily the SEC is pretty bad...

 

I don't think Meeks is the answer in the role of the primary ballhandler. For one he has too much of a scorer's mentality to play that role.

Their offense is being intiated to far from the basket, Liggins will get there, tonights turnovers were due to UNC pressure..the previous game was simply carelessness.

Get the ball to the high post, feed #54, or reverse and feed.

Just get Liggins some games under his belt and he will be OK.

Pretty tough venue to be cutting your teeth at tonight.

As much as we lament the offense, the defense hasnt been much better. The second half was better. That was primarly with Liggins defending Lawson.

If I were coaching against UNC, I would not drop 2-3 defenders to help on Lawson. I'd rather take my chances forcing Lawson to finish at the basket rather than allowing him to drive draw and dish.

I want to work a trade, Gillispe for Pitino. Let UL have him and Krag will not look so bad. I can live with Brooks. We (UK) has stunck all season granted it is only 2 games but geez this is bad.

Im not seeing it. I view him as similiar to Harris meaning he has no offensive game but is long and a decent athlete

 

I agree. I just really don't see Miller ever being that much of a threat offensively at this point. His first shot tonight looked HORRIBLE and was way off the mark.

 

As far as the game, about what I expected. UK isn't really that good at this point and it's going to take some time before they become a DECENT basketball team. They have no real offensive threats that are going to blow you away and their defense has looked very poor.

I was wrong. I went to bed thinking the world would come to an end but here I am, awake ready to start a new day. This loss isnt that big of a deal.

It looks like Gillispie doesnt have much control over his team. He is gonna have to get a grip on these kids.

He doesn't have the PG to run the offense he desires, and right now he sticking with it and waiting for Liggins to get there. If he puts Meeks on the ball and goes to a pass entry/motion set I think it would benefit their performance. It's all about taking advantage of what you have, and not forcing bench players to play major minutes because the "best fit what you want to do".

 

You can still set the foundation for the future while doing some different thing to win games now...

 

I believe you may have something here....................now if you can get BCG's ear and convince him, the Big Blue Nation would be greatly indebted to you.:lol:

:lol: As soon as you realize he's just trying to get you riled up, and don't respond it stops...
I've been doing solely that for 7 years and people haven't stopped responding!!!!!:lol::lol:
Wonder what this thread would read if Tubby were coaching now! I love the cats but we must get better at taking care of the ball and feeding the ball into the post. We had some terrible grade school turnovers! I'm not convinced that UNC is that good, we are bad right now!

 

Nothing different than if Tubby were here, just people would be blaming him more, which probably for good reason if he had been here that long and still have that horrible of a team.......wait a minute.

Wonder what this thread would read if Tubby were coaching now!
In the update thread there were at least 20 posts blaming Tubby, don't worry, the cats fans have that one covered for this loss...
Dickie V said it best... "stick with this team and you'll see good things"

But Dickie V hates UK doesn't he? Thats all we ever hear, is the whining about how much he loves Duke and hates everyone else.....

 

I prefer to stick with Digger Phelps who said "Kentucky has major issues."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.