November 19, 200817 yr Deuce jumped ship on the UofL football Team, So he knocks UK to help past the time... He knocked UK before he lost faith in "Coach K"...
November 19, 200817 yr I think we should all blame Tubby because UNC is AMAZING!!! :lol::lol: You've got a point. If he'd done his job better when he was at UK, we'd have some of those guys on our roster...
November 19, 200817 yr BCG is Norman Dale. He has a system that has been sucessful in the past but the townsfolk have never seen it. He knows his system will work, even if it means finishing the game with four players or practicing on game day. The townsfolk knew they had a decent team but were hoping a new coach could get the best kid out to play for the team, much like BCG upping the recruiting after Tubby left. How long will the townsfolk keep allowing losses to VMI, G-Webb, and San Diego before they hold a town meeting and Chelcie Ross is ready to rally the people to show him the door? Or does Liggins, Orten, and Hood resemble a Jimmy Chitwood in some way which means the best basketball is yet to come. And will wee see Meeks come swinging around on a picket fence soon because the Wildcat defense has been caught watching a lot of paint dry in the first two games. Michael Porter stars as Ollie Josh Harrellson stars as Strap Jodie Meeks brings Rade to life Sheb Wooley plays Mitch Barnhart I just wonder if the ending will be the same Does that mean that Ashley Judd will play Barbara Hershey's character? :lol:
November 19, 200817 yr You've got a point. If he'd done his job better when he was at UK, we'd have some of those guys on our roster... Oh and I almost forgot we must blame the privates for this too.
November 19, 200817 yr Oh and I almost forgot we must blame the privates for this too. Yes. Absolutely. T & X aren't getting a free ride on this one... I'm still trying to get to the bottom of what it actually was, but I know they did something.
November 19, 200817 yr BCG will be fine. The jury is still out on this team. Thankfully the SEC is terrible this year.
November 19, 200817 yr Patterson has got to touch the ball.. There was a point in the game when he was like 6-6. The problem UK has not getting PP the ball is they don't have the angles to pass it to him. They try to run the offense from half court. They have to take care of the ball,I trust the ball more in Liggins' hands than Porter. Porter cannot seem to start the offense any closer than 35-40 feet from the basketball, which like you stated makes it hard to run anything. Liggins main problem is that he tends to do a little too much and over-penetrates, but his upside is a lot higher than Porter's and they might as well go with him.
November 19, 200817 yr Some observations after I've slept on it... 1. It may sound crazy, but I don't think they missed Hansbrough all that much. You put him in the game, Thompson's production goes down (and he was a monster last night, TH is not that athletic), Ellington does not get all those shots because they are looking for TH, etc. I think it becomes more the "Psycho T" show when he's in there, instead of that whole talented team. 2. Porter does not need to be in the game. Period. I remember last year's Indiana game when he played the whole time. Once the SEC started, he never got in much at all. It needs to happen again, only now. 3. The sportswriters today are all talking about the "hard foul" from Harris. Seriously? We ran it back several times in slo mo, and I cannot see where he even touched the kid. I'm really sorry if Zeller broke his wrist, but I think he got too far underneath the basket and lost his control. 4. Roy Williams is every bit the whiner that Coach K is. He doesn't make as many bad faces, but he's just as bad.
November 19, 200817 yr 4. Roy Williams is every bit the whiner that Coach K is. He doesn't make as many bad faces, but he's just as bad.How so? I saw some Billy G faces last night, guess he doesn't whine?
November 19, 200817 yr I did not mention Billy G. I was comparing Roy and Coach K. Maybe it was the camera angles, but I did not see Billy talking constantly to the refs, but Roy was.
November 19, 200817 yr Some observations after I've slept on it... 1. It may sound crazy, but I don't think they missed Hansbrough all that much. You put him in the game, Thompson's production goes down (and he was a monster last night, TH is not that athletic), Ellington does not get all those shots because they are looking for TH, etc. I think it becomes more the "Psycho T" show when he's in there, instead of that whole talented team. 2. Porter does not need to be in the game. Period. I remember last year's Indiana game when he played the whole time. Once the SEC started, he never got in much at all. It needs to happen again, only now. 3. The sportswriters today are all talking about the "hard foul" from Harris. Seriously? We ran it back several times in slo mo, and I cannot see where he even touched the kid. I'm really sorry if Zeller broke his wrist, but I think he got too far underneath the basket and lost his control. 4. Roy Williams is every bit the whiner that Coach K is. He doesn't make as many bad faces, but he's just as bad. 1) TH will create more opportunities for everyone because of the attention he draws. He scores a lot of his points off of misses and running the floor. 3) There was body contact in mid-air but I'm not sure it was enough to even call a foul, much less intentional. However, Zeller was a bit out of control and only a touch turned his body a little more to the side than he wanted. Thus, him landing awkwardly. I'm a UNC fan and don't think it was a "hard foul". (I'm also a UK fan, though) 4) Williams works officials the right way, Coach K whines.
November 19, 200817 yr 3) There was body contact in mid-air but I'm not sure it was enough to even call a foul, much less intentional. However, Zeller was a bit out of control and only a touch turned his body a little more to the side than he wanted. Thus, him landing awkwardly. I'm a UNC fan and don't think it was a "hard foul". (I'm also a UK fan, though) I did not even know he touched him until they did the replay from a certain angle showing that Harris brushed up against him. Zeller is kind of akward as it is, and he was worried about the Harris block and he went up (and down) goofy like.
November 19, 200817 yr Yes. Absolutely. T & X aren't getting a free ride on this one... I'm still trying to get to the bottom of what it actually was, but I know they did something. I actually laughed out loud on this. :lol::lol: Ok serious question? Why does UK only play man-to-man defense?
November 19, 200817 yr BCG will be fine. The jury is still out on this team. Thankfully the SEC is terrible this year. The SEC will give UK the chance to right it's ship during the season. There is plenty of talent, but it is not a great league this year
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.