November 19, 200817 yr Maybe... I am not saying he is better than PP. I just think it is not as clear cut as you think.
November 19, 200817 yr Yeah, and the fact that the rest of the Tar Heels were that much more talented than UK at every other position on the floor had nothing to do with that, did it? There's different ways you can look at it. UNC is much more balanced than UK and yet their stats were the same. Pat's numbers should stick out more since he's on the worse team...
November 19, 200817 yr Yes it is. Thompson is more athletic and has a better shot than PP. Disagree about the more athletic part. You're basing your opinion of Thompson based on one game....
November 19, 200817 yr There's different ways you can look at it. UNC is much more balanced than UK and yet their stats were the same. Pat's numbers should stick out more since he's on the worse team... Not really....If UNC's guards are better than UK's, which they undoubtedly are, it makes getting Patterson the ball much more difficult. When they got him the ball he scored at will. Patterson and Hansbrough are a closer comparison than Patterson and Thompson.
November 19, 200817 yr Disagree about the more athletic part. You're basing your opinion of Thompson based on one game.... I think his offensive game is better than PP. Thompson was a started last year, he could be basing it on that too.
November 19, 200817 yr Disagree about the more athletic part. You're basing your opinion of Thompson based on one game.... Considering that was his 79th game with UNC I don't think so. I never said that he was better but that it's very debatable whether you're willing to admit it or not.
November 19, 200817 yr Patterson and Hansbrough are a closer comparison than Patterson and Thompson. That tells me all I need to know.
November 19, 200817 yr That tells me all I need to know. Uh oh, I don't meet Boondock's stamp of approval....:lol: Patterson was a pre-season All-American in some places, as is Hansbrough. Have you seen any where Thompson was?
November 19, 200817 yr You've got a point. If he'd done his job better when he was at UK, we'd have some of those guys on our roster... Exactly, I don't think people realize just what kind of shape this KY team was in before Billy G got here. That, on top of losing their 2 biggest scorers, and arguably their most valuable player in "Jaspa" from last year, and we got another big bees nest that's just ready to jump right out and sting somebody in the buttock.
November 19, 200817 yr I don't think Meeks is the answer in the role of the primary ballhandler. For one he has too much of a scorer's mentality to play that role. Their offense is being intiated to far from the basket, Liggins will get there, tonights turnovers were due to UNC pressure..the previous game was simply carelessness. Get the ball to the high post, feed #54, or reverse and feed. Just get Liggins some games under his belt and he will be OK. Pretty tough venue to be cutting your teeth at tonight. As much as we lament the offense, the defense hasnt been much better. The second half was better. That was primarly with Liggins defending Lawson. If I were coaching against UNC, I would not drop 2-3 defenders to help on Lawson. I'd rather take my chances forcing Lawson to finish at the basket rather than allowing him to drive draw and dish. I don't think they have any other choice than to put the ball in Meek's hands and let him go. I dont' agree with trying a new offense. By the time the team masters it, Liggins should be about ready to grow up a bit.
November 19, 200817 yr Uh oh, I don't meet Boondock's stamp of approval....:lol: Patterson was a pre-season All-American in some places, as is Hansbrough. Have you seen any where Thompson was? What does that have to do with anything? Thompson and Patterson are on the same level talent wise, TH is on a whole different level.
November 19, 200817 yr What does that have to do with anything? Thompson and Patterson are on the same level talent wise, TH is on a whole different level. And I guess that's where we disagree. I don't think Thompson is on Patterson's talent level at all.
November 19, 200817 yr What does that have to do with anything? Thompson and Patterson are on the same level talent wise, TH is on a whole different level. When they get to the NBA he will be on a whole different level,the lower level.:sssh:
November 19, 200817 yr When they get to the NBA he will be on a whole different level,the lower level.:sssh: It wouldn't surprise me either way, but I couldn't care less what he does in the NBA.
November 20, 200817 yr Yes it is. Thompson is more athletic and has a better shot than PP. A better shot??? You mean dunks? Patterson is a Moses Malone, and will prove to be one of the best inside workers in the game. He can be a rebounder, but he has the have help defense before that can happen.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.