Obama Wants Applicants' Web-Posting Past

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're using an alias then you're not proud of what you're doing.
If you are not using an alias, then you are among a tiny minority, Mr. Pigman. :D

(While I am not necessarily proud of all of my posts, even if I were, I would still use an alias because of the number of nutcases that read online forums.)

I'm against what the Patriot Act has become.

The talk show hosts are worried about the Fairness Act of 2009. I think we should all worry about the Sedition Act of 2011 should the Democrats secure their majority in the Senate in 2010.

Agreed. I am against the Patriot Act as well. Both are disturbing, two things stand out to me: 1) the Patriot Act was passed by Congress, and 2) at least the Patriot Act exists to obstruct terrorism. I can't imagine what President-Elect Obama's motives are on this one.

If you're using an alias then you're not proud of what you're doing.

I am using an alias right now and I have no shame.

Edited by cch5432

Maybe Obama just wants to know ahead of time if he is going to be accused of things based on his associations. For example, let's say that someone that he hires in his administration is "anti-dog" and has been a big "anti-dog" advocate on, say, BGP. :D I am sure that a reporter from some news agency, say WolfNews or some other ficticious source, might latch onto that and accuse Obama of associating, heck hiring someone who was knowingly anti-dog.

My point is, he is not advocating that everyone on every job application having to list their aliases. There are people applying to be part of his administration.

Didn't vote for Obama but I don't really have a problem for this.

Government & elected officials should be held to a higher standard. Checking their blogs, facebook accounts or myspace pages is a very effective way of researching their past, IMO.

Put your party affiliations aside and do what is best for the country. The election is over. Obama is going to be the President for the next 4 years. He is going to be OUR President. ALL of us.

Obama is an unqualified bafoon who suckered a lot of people into voting for him.

Guess I just cost myself any chance at a position in his administration.

Don't feel bad. Obama couldn't even meet his own requirements if judged objectively. :D