Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VMI 111 UK 103

Featured Replies

  • Replies 245
  • Views 27.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One game does not make a season but for V.M.I. this one could do so much for them being they pulled off what some will say is a huge upset.

 

Kentucky will slowly come out of this and play Kentucky like ball.

No excuse for the loss, but this team won't be complete until they get a leader at the point, and at this time it isn't there. Porter isn't the answer, I hear he is the "most improved", but doing it in practice and doing it when it counts is a whole different thing. I believe JP and Stockton were also "practice" studs, but they also stunk. I don't know how many turnovers Porter had, but I do know he had 3 in the first three minutes, and that is not what a team needs at the point.

 

The last stat line I heard on Porter was 2 points, 0 assists and 5 turnovers. Also, it mistifies me how players at this level can be so anemic at the free throw line.

  • Author
He did lose to Dayton, Penn State, UAB and Western Kentucky. However, UK has no business losing to VMI at home.

Those are 4 consistent tourney teams. VMI won 9 games two years ago.

If this was game # 10 or 15 I would be very worried but its still very early without a lot of young guys on this roster. They will get better. I'm not denying its a bad loss just saying give it some more time.

I can see both sides of the coin. Yes, it's game one; and yes, like last year, I expect improvement as the year progresses, and I expect UK to be a tournament team.

 

On the flip side, this is a BAD loss. Until very recently, it would have been unthinkable for a UK squad to: a) allow 111 points, b) to a VMI, c) at home, d) and lose.

 

Regarding the phenomenon of chastising the old coach and defending the new coach, psychologists call that "cognitive dissonance". Kind of like when you get a new car, but it turns out to have some problems - you still defend the purchase of the car to the death.

Those are 4 consistent tourney teams. VMI won 9 games two years ago.

 

 

Dayton has made 14 appearances in their history, UAB 13 and Penn State 8. Western is the closest thing to a consistant tourney participant with 20.

That's gonna leave a mark...

 

Worm-guys...pull yourselves together.

  • Author

And VMI has how many...

98 its the next day and your still foaming at the mouth. I dont know if I should say congrats VMI or congrats to you. I think it might have meant more to you. After I slept on this loss its still pathetic. The comparison made to Notre Dame football is dead on. Thankfully a cold night at the stadium can cure this pain.

I haven't read every post, but according to the box score, the Sparks kid from (I believe) Tates Creek last year saw some action in last night's game.

UK will beat UNC on the road.

 

:lol::lol:

 

I just started reading this thread and only made it to here, I cannot believe how big your blinders are with UK.. It cracks me up on a daily basis..

And VMI has how many...

 

3, however your statement that the 4 teams I mentioned being "4 consistent tourney teams" is just flat out untrue.

:lol::lol:

 

I just started reading this thread and only made it to here, I cannot believe how big your blinders are with UK.. It cracks me up on a daily basis..

 

The thing is, he REALLY believes it...:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.