Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VMI 111 UK 103

Featured Replies

The man got them to the SEC championship game one year ago and lost to a hot Georgia team.

 

On another note. Tubby would've lost to VMI also. How? you ask. He wouldn't have had Patterson, Liggins, Miller, and the list goes on. Therefore taking an 8 point loss to a HOT VMI team Tubby may have loss by 40 with his "build-a-wildcat" philosophy. Get of BCG's back. Win or lose at least Kentucky is fun to watch again.

 

Now come on, Tubby would have lost by 40? I believe Tubby helped in getting Patterson? or that is what I have heard.

 

Also like said earlier, Billy G didn't take UK to the SEC championship game, far from it actually. Get your facts right :thumb:

  • Replies 245
  • Views 27.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really??? VMI beating UK in Rupp??? I know Kentucky's down a little right now, but VMI and Gardner Webb last year, at Rupp? This is never suppost to happen. It's their first game, but that is a very tough way to start your season. What has happened to Kentucky's dominance?

 

It hasn't been around for about three years now... can't see it coming back anytime soon!!:banana:

The man got them to the SEC championship game one year ago and lost to a hot Georgia team.

 

On another note. Tubby would've lost to VMI also. How? you ask. He wouldn't have had Patterson, Liggins, Miller, and the list goes on. Therefore taking an 8 point loss to a HOT VMI team Tubby may have loss by 40 with his "build-a-wildcat" philosophy. Get of BCG's back. Win or lose at least Kentucky is fun to watch again.

 

Tubby would have recognized their preferred style of play and countered that. He would have slowed the game down and would have utilized Patterson they way we need to for us to win. (Patterson would still be here if Tubby was the coach and Lucas as well) Anyways, the score would have been ugly but we would have had a W in the win column.

IMO I'd rather see us win with the score of 63-60 then lose 111-103. I dont care what it looks like, just win the game!

Are you a Kentucky fan?

 

I am, and I agree with him. Saying this was a harder game for U.K. to win opposed to Carolina. It gets old, unfortunately the season has just begun.

 

As far as the game, no PG that will kill you everytime. Liggins and Porter are both horrible. I don't know how anyone on here can say they thought Liggins played well Friday night. He leaves his feet everytime he makes a pass will lead to being a turnover machine.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited Rule #2 comments toward Wireman

I am, and I agree with him. Saying this was a harder game for U.K. to win opposed to Carolina. It gets old, unfortunately the season has just begun.

 

As far as the game, no PG that will kill you everytime. Liggins and Porter are both horrible. I dont know how anyone on here can say they thought Liggins played well Friday night. He leaves his feet everytime he makes a pass will lead to being a turnover machine.

I think the embarressing thing are "fans" turning on the team and one another after one game. That's what gets really old. Should UK beat VMI in the first game of the season - yes. Did they - no. Are the Cats eliminated from the postseason after one game - no. You can be embarressed if you want, but I think UK will be just fine this season.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited content

I think the embarressing thing are "fans" turning on the team and one another after one game. That's what gets really old. Should UK beat VMI in the first game of the season - yes. Did they - no. Are the Cats eliminated from the postseason after one game - no. You can be embarressed if you want, but I think UK will be just fine this season.

 

Good point................they should have been better prepared and should have played better, but they didn't. This team will struggle some early, while trying to replace what Crawford and Bradley brought to the table, and will likely get much stronger as the season progresses as they better determine their roles.

I think the embarressing thing are "fans" turning on the team and one another after one game. That's what gets really old. Should UK beat VMI in the first game of the season - yes. Did they - no. Are the Cats eliminated from the postseason after one game - no. You can be embarressed if you want, but I think UK will be just fine this season.

 

:thumb: Well said.

I think the embarressing thing are "fans" turning on the team and one another after one game. That's what gets really old. Should UK beat VMI in the first game of the season - yes. Did they - no. Are the Cats eliminated from the postseason after one game - no. You can be embarressed if you want, but I think UK will be just fine this season.

 

Fans shouldn't turn that quick, I agree. But, you know how much of the U.K. fan base is Wireman. Just because you support the team doesn't mean you can't look at things with an objective mind frame.

What did BCG ever really win? Kentucky get's every teams A GAME and BCG had better learn this if he wants to stay at UK! He can not keep having full pratice on game day.

It seems a lot of people are having a knee-jerk reaction to the situation. Yes it was a bad loss, but IMO the job Gillispie did with the team last year was very impressive.

 

As for Friday night just looking at the situation I do have my opinion about a few things.

 

First of all Michael Porter isn't very good. Hes not the answer at PG for UK. I believe Gillispie is going to have to rely heavily on Liggins and hopefully he will learn from his miskakes and become more efficient.

 

Secondly, I believe it will take Patterson a little while to return to form as far as where he was last year. I am not sure if hes gotten over his injury from a mental stand point yet.

 

Third, my biggest criticism of Gillispie is while its early, I am not sure about some of the players hes giving scholarships to. I hope I am dead wrong, but I am not sure why you bring in a guy like Donald Williams this year unless hes going to help right away because I think we can get a better player using the scholarship for next year. As for Galloway I am inclined to think as athletic as he is that his scholarship should pay off eventually, at least I hope so. Then there is Villarino. I still am hearing a lot of negative stuff about him. It would be nice to have a better PG coming in ready to contribute next year.

 

All that being said, Gillispie has done a great job all and all recruiting, but I am concerned about some guys.

It seems a lot of people are having a knee-jerk reaction to the situation. Yes it was a bad loss, but IMO the job Gillispie did with the team last year was very impressive.

 

As for Friday night just looking at the situation I do have my opinion about a few things.

 

First of all Michael Porter isn't very good. Hes not the answer at PG for UK. I believe Gillispie is going to have to rely heavily on Liggins and hopefully he will learn from his miskakes and become more efficient.

 

Secondly, I believe it will take Patterson a little while to return to form as far as where he was last year. I am not sure if hes gotten over his injury from a mental stand point yet.

 

Third, my biggest criticism of Gillispie is while its early, I am not sure about some of the players hes giving scholarships to. I hope I am dead wrong, but I am not sure why you bring in a guy like Donald Williams this year unless hes going to help right away because I think we can get a better player using the scholarship for next year. As for Galloway I am inclined to think as athletic as he is that his scholarship should pay off eventually, at least I hope so. Then there is Villarino. I still am hearing a lot of negative stuff about him. It would be nice to have a better PG coming in ready to contribute next year.

 

All that being said, Gillispie has done a great job all and all recruiting, but I am concerned about some guys.

 

I agree with your first points, but not on the recruiting. I think he's done a great job so far, and I'm not going to judge him yet.

 

I think our best lineup right now is Liggins, Meeks, Miller, Stevenson, and Patterson. And in 1.5 years of recruiting, 3 of those are BCG's recruits.

 

I'm not sold on Vilarino yet, but I'll wait and see. I'm VERY excited to see Hood, Orton, and Pilgrim next year.

 

If BCG is losing games like this in year 3 I'll be (really) concerned. Not that he gets a complete pass this year, but he's had to bring in a LOT of new faces to get the talent level back up. If I counted correctly, 11 out of the 20 guys on the team are new this year including 6 of the 13 scholarship players.

 

Also, its my understanding that Williams was brought in with the understanding he'll have to be a walkon next year.

I agree with your first points, but not on the recruiting. I think he's done a great job so far, and I'm not going to judge him yet.

 

I think our best lineup right now is Liggins, Meeks, Miller, Stevenson, and Patterson. And in 1.5 years of recruiting, 3 of those are BCG's recruits.

 

I'm not sold on Vilarino yet, but I'll wait and see. I'm VERY excited to see Hood, Orton, and Pilgrim next year.

 

If BCG is losing games like this in year 3 I'll be (really) concerned. Not that he gets a complete pass this year, but he's had to bring in a LOT of new faces to get the talent level back up. If I counted correctly, 11 out of the 20 guys on the team are new this year including 6 of the 13 scholarship players.

 

Also, its my understanding that Williams was brought in with the understanding he'll have to be a walkon next year.[/QUOTE]

 

 

If that is the case it seems like a good move. I am just a little worried about guys like him and Vilarino based on what Ive heard. Ive also heard negative comments about some of the younger commitments, but we are talking about guys who are juniors or your younger so I think its Gillispie's hope that they will really develop. While I think hes done a great recruiting job with some (Patterson, Legion even though he left, Liggins, Miller, Ferguson, Orton, etc) I believe he may have made some mistakes. Which every coach will from time to time on a player.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.