November 15, 200817 yr We all knew Billy G wasn't a good in game coach when he got here. Where's the thread....:lol:
November 15, 200817 yr Your argument was pretty decent until you pulled out these two sentences. All of my statements are facts. I just think that UK could have looked a bit harder and brought a better coach. IMO the hard work of so many is going down the tubes under this current regime. Also Tubby had we'll say 4? potentially embarrassing losses in 10 seasons, and BCG has 4 in a season and 1 game!
November 15, 200817 yr All of my statements are facts. I just think that UK could have looked a bit harder and brought a better coach. IMO the hard work of so many is going down the tubes under this current regime. Also Tubby had we'll say 4? potentially embarrassing losses in 10 seasons, and BCG has 4 in a season and 1 game! There are not many all around coaches out there. Some are in-game coaches (Tubby), others can bring the players in (Billy G.). It is something special when you have both. I can think of very few. Roy Williams, Coach K, Pitino come to mind.
November 15, 200817 yr All of my statements are facts. I just think that UK could have looked a bit harder and brought a better coach. IMO the hard work of so many is going down the tubes under this current regime. Also Tubby had we'll say 4? potentially embarrassing losses in 10 seasons, and BCG has 4 in a season and 1 game! Comparing the team that Tubby inherited to the team that Tubby left for BCG is like comparing the Atlantic Ocean to Cave Run Lake.
November 15, 200817 yr Dayton has made 14 appearances in their history, UAB 13 and Penn State 8. Western is the closest thing to a consistant tourney participant with 20. He is just saying your comparison of those teams to Gardner Webb, San Diego and VMI is not a good comparison at all. UAB ended up being a sweet 16 team, and if you want to add to that, we lost to UAB last year as well under Billy G. Dayton has been a tournament team, and has knocked off some other big name teams in the past. Penn State the year UK lost to them was a sweet 16 team I believe. Western the year they beat UK, had a center that was suppose to be a lottery pick. So not a good comparison, because these teams we have lost to our just horrible.
November 15, 200817 yr Are you a Kentucky fan? Edit. I changed my mind I don't feel like arguing today.:thumb:
November 15, 200817 yr He is just saying your comparison of those teams to Gardner Webb, San Diego and VMI is not a good comparison at all. UAB ended up being a sweet 16 team, and if you want to add to that, we lost to UAB last year as well under Billy G. Dayton has been a tournament team, and has knocked off some other big name teams in the past. Penn State the year UK lost to them was a sweet 16 team I believe. Western the year they beat UK, had a center that was suppose to be a lottery pick. So not a good comparison, because these teams we have lost to our just horrible. Very well sid Future Coach! I'm rather hard on BCG he has offended me personally and because of that I actually am rooting for the man to fail.
November 15, 200817 yr Where's the thread....:lol: Check a couple pages back. :lol: They closed it though.
November 15, 200817 yr Very well sid Future Coach! I'm rather hard on BCG he has offended me personally and because of that I actually am rooting for the man to fail. how?
November 15, 200817 yr Very well sid Future Coach! I'm rather hard on BCG he has offended me personally and because of that I actually am rooting for the man to fail. Well I am still a fan of Billy G and I do think he will do really well here. However I just don't get how some of the people who were always on Tubby, are giving him a free pass for stuff like this. These losses have been more embarrassing than anything that happened under Tubby. So just be fair and at least get on Billy G for the same thing. Especially since the lost is mostly on the Coach for lack of adjustments in the game.
November 15, 200817 yr We don't have the respect as a program that we had under Tubby. Gillispie has got this year and maybe next to get us to the final four or he's gone IMO. Give me Bob Huggins or a Mark Few or a Mick Cronin. These guys would bring us championship number 8 in about 2 years.
November 15, 200817 yr Give me Bob Huggins or a Mark Few or a Mick Cronin. These guys would bring us championship number 8 in about 2 years. Are you serious????
November 15, 200817 yr We don't have the respect as a program that we had under Tubby. Gillispie has got this year and maybe next to get us to the final four or he's gone IMO. Give me Bob Huggins or a Mark Few or a Mick Cronin. These guys would bring us championship number 8 in about 2 years. How man combined championships have those guys won?
November 15, 200817 yr We don't have the respect as a program that we had under Tubby. Gillispie has got this year and maybe next to get us to the final four or he's gone IMO. Give me Bob Huggins or a Mark Few or a Mick Cronin. These guys would bring us championship number 8 in about 2 years. Really ? :confused: Okay, let's give Huggins a shot and bring back Sutton to be his number 1 assistant :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.