Your favorite cover (music)

Sandman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at work and the girl I work with was like "Don't be stupid, this is obviously the Journey version." I just looked at her like ????. It was hurting my ears lol. I like covers, but this one did not even come close to cutting it.

That's the thing about covers, when they are good they are really good and I tend to like them a lot. When they are bad, well they are really bad, and maybe some of the worst songs to ever have to endure.

Did Johnny Cash cover "I hung my head" ?

Originally by Sting, yeah. Very strange, too, because the way that song is you'd think it was the other way around.

I still gotta go with 'Hurt' on this one.

As much as I don't like Fallout Boy, they did a decent cover of Joy Division's 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'.

Upon further review, it looks more and more like you are right, as I can find no evidence of a Cranberries version of Wild Horses. I'm now operating under that assumption, so what can you tell me about the Sunday's?

Also, I know very little about the Raveonettes, but liked their version of Boyfriend's Back. What's your thoughts on that cover and the band overall?

The Sundays did airy, jangly, happy-sounding (musically, not always lyrically, which made for a neat juxtaposition) alt-pop during the '90s for three pretty good albums ("Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic," their debut, was best).

I'm not familiar with the Raveonettes.

Rosanne's cover of The Star Spangled Banner (Francis Scott Key)

To be fair, Francis Scott Key (as far as I can find), never actually PERFORMED the Star Spangled Banner. Although, maybe if he had, he'd have been as "off KEY" as Roseanne! :lol:

To be fair, Francis Scott Key (as far as I can find), never actually PERFORMED the Star Spangled Banner. Although, maybe if he had, he'd have been as "off KEY" as Roseanne! :lol:

Sure he did. I have a mint condition bootleg tape produced during his 1815 North American Tour titled "Quintessential Key".

• 3 weeks later...

Crispin Glover (yup, Crispin Glover) does a cool version of Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'"

John Frusciante does some pretty good covers live with the Chili Peppers......"Tiny Dancer" (Elton John), "How Deep Is Your Love" (Bee Gees), and "Maybe" (The Chantels).

Foo Fighters covering Prince's "Darling Nikki", and in return Prince's cover of the Foo Fighters' "Best Of You" at Super Bowl XLI.

Pillar does a good rendition of U2's "Sunday Bloody Sunday".

Later.

Edited by billwilliams70