Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your favorite cover (music)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 97
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cash's cover of NIN, Hurt.

 

It's great, but still doesn't measure up to his cover of Soundgarden's "Rusty Cage." He made sounds with that song that I didn't think an acoustic guitar could make.

I like alot of "Me first and the gimmie gimmies" cover songs.

  • Author
"Because the Night", by the Patti Smith Group, covered by 10,000 Maniacs.

 

I really like Bruce, but the "Because the Night" cover by Patti Smith was awesome. I haven't heard the 10,000 Maniacs version, is it that good? Wow, if so.

(

by Otis Redding)

 

Otis Redding – Try A Little Tenderness

(Original by Ray Noble Orchestra)

 

Etta James – At Last

(

by Glenn Miller Orchestra)

 

Etta James – A Sunday Kind Of Love

(

by Louis Prima)

 

(Originally two songs,

&
by The Rivingtons)

 

Jimi Hendrix – Hey Joe

(Original by The Leaves)

 

(Original by The Four Lads)

Rod Stewart – (I Know) I’m Losing You

(Original by The Temptations)

I own the Cabin Fever dvd, but I haven't found anywhere I can get the audio to this. It's honestly one of the best cover versions of any song I know.

 

[video=youtube;lf9-BCix4io]

I just heard Don't Stop Believin by Journey on the radio today, but it was not them. Not sure who did it, but I hated it. Great song, should have left it be.

 

Sure it wasn't Rock Sugar? :D

If you have ever seen Martina Mcbride cover Harper Valley PTA live you'll agree its top shelf. Not sure how to describe it but its somewhat of a strip tease version. Almost drove me to drinkin, ok well actually it did .

Here's a gooder...Jason Isbell covering Whiskeytown's "Jacksonville Skyline". The original is one of my alltime favorite songs (and that's sayin' somethin').

 

Isbell does a fantastic live cover of Todd Snider's "Play a Train Song" too.

 

You're right....I've had the pleasure of seeing that in person (although from the reports I've heard, he did it a might bit better at his show down at Headliners).

You're right....I've had the pleasure of seeing that in person (although from the reports I've heard, he did it a might bit better at his show down at Headliners).
He NAILED it at Headliners. Damn near the best song -- if not the best -- I've had the pleasure of witnessing Isbell perform live. That's saying a lot. But man, that Headliners show was fantastic. Now that I've had time to reflect it's at least a top 10 show of all-time for me and I'm having trouble finding any reason why it's not top 5.
Rosanne's cover of The Star Spangled Banner (Francis Scott Key)

 

:ylsuper:

Little Martha (Allman Brothers) - Leo Kottke. For my money - what little of it there is - just about the best picker out there.

 

  • Author

Glad to see the thread is up again, as I have one to add.

 

Back in the New York Groove (artist unknown) orginal by Ace Frehley (yeah, that one). Heard it the other night on a CBS pilot and liked it better than the original.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.