Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your favorite cover (music)

Featured Replies

Let me run this one up the flag pole, as I'm a pretty big fan of covers of songs I liked as an original. I've found sometimes I even like the cover more. What's your favorite cover, please list both the song and the band covering it.

 

Two of my favs are:

 

Hole covering Gold Dust Women (Fleetwood Mac)

 

The Cranberries covering Wild Horses (Rolling Stones)

  • Replies 97
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me run this one up the flag pole, as I'm a pretty big fan of covers of songs I liked as an original. I've found sometimes I even like the cover more. What's your favorite cover, please list both the song and the band covering it.

 

Two of my favs are:

 

Hole covering Gold Dust Women (Fleetwood Mac)

 

The Cranberries covering Wild Horses (Rolling Stones)

 

Are you sure you don't mean The Sundays? I'm not aware the Cranberries ever covered that tune. If they did, it hasn't been recorded.

 

Both of these you list are great (assuming you're talking about The Sundays' version).

Among the best ever is The Gourds' country-fried cover of Snoop Dogg's "Gin And Juice."

 

Townes Van Zandt's cover of The Stones' "Dead Flowers" -- it's played for the ending credits of "The Big Lebowski" -- is fantastic, and Steve Earle's version of the same tune is great. Earle also does a dandy job with Springsteen's "State Trooper."

 

Ryan Adams' "Wonderwall" is excellent.

Hendrix's cover of Dylan's All Along the Watchtower.

I'm not sure if it's ever been recorded or not,but Heart does great covers of both Led Zeppelin's 'Battle of Evermore' and the Who's 'Love Reign O'er Me.'

I'm not sure if it's ever been recorded or not,but Heart does great covers of both Led Zeppelin's 'Battle of Evermore' and the Who's 'Love Reign O'er Me.'

 

The version of "Battle Of Evermore" appears on the "Singles" soundtrack (among the best movie soundtracks ever), credited to The Lovemongers, which is an alter-ego for Ann and Nancy.

Among the best ever is The Gourds' country-fried cover of Snoop Dogg's "Gin And Juice."

 

Townes Van Zandt's cover of The Stones' "Dead Flowers" -- it's played for the ending credits of "The Big Lebowski" -- is fantastic, and Steve Earle's version of the same tune is great. Earle also does a dandy job with Springsteen's "State Trooper."

 

Ryan Adams' "Wonderwall" is excellent.

 

I love Steve Earle's version of 'Dead Flowers' & "Mr State Trooper'

The Gourd's version of 'Gin and Juice' is, IMHO, better than the original

Jimi Hendrix's cover of 'All along the watchtower' is excellent

Hendrix's cover of Dylan's All Along the Watchtower.

 

:thumb:

Tool's cover of Led Zep's No Quarter.

Some other of my faves, off the top of my head:

 

"These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" by Trish Murphy (Nancy Sinatra)

"Breed" by Steve Earle (Nirvana)

"Creep" by Afghan Whigs (TLC)

"The Kids Are Alright" by Pearl Jam (The Who)

"Dancin' In The Moonlight" by Smashing Pumpkins (Thin Lizzy)

"Fall On Me" by Cry, Cry, Cry (REM)

"Crossroads" by Cream (Robert Johnson)

"IOU" by The V-Roys (The Replacements)

"Femme Fatale" by REM (Velvet Underground)

"Superman" by REM (The Clique)

"Pancho and Lefty" by Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson (Townes Van Zandt)

"Crescent City" by Emmylou Harris (Lucinda Williams)

"Angie" by Tori Amos (Rolling Stones)

"The Joker" by Todd Snider (Steve Miller Band)

"In My Hour Of Darkness" by The Original Harmony Ridge Creekdippers (Gram Parsons)

"$1000 Dollar Wedding" by Evan Dando (Flying Burrito Brothers)

Speaking of The Man In Black, his cover of Soundgarden's "Rusty Cage" is amazing.

Staind's cover of Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd is amazing

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.