What is going on With the CCH Program?

WKUFAN

Is it that the coaching staff is a joke? I heard that their DC pervious coaching before CCH was 6 years in PEEWEE football. And I know another coach their Dline coach, his first ever coaching was CCH Varisty, which I cant understand. I'm not Saying Dave Brossart is a bad coach but, like they say its not always the head coach but who the coach surrounds himself with.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Apparently, they have a coach who doesn't win, doesn't get along with parents or boosters, and sends emails that end poorly.

They also have a schedule that is way too difficult. They also have a principal who isn't working well with the students. They also have a bunch of parents' whose expectations are too high.

Who knows what will happen. I hope things change.

Is Cov Cath really the program everyone believes it to be? Sure they have won 6 State championships. But only one of those has been in the past 10 years and during that same 10 year span they have only had 5 winning seasons. Can all this angst really be laid at the feet of a coach that has been in the program for less than 2 full years?

WKUFAN,

You ask a question to start a thread and 15 min later you provide an answer to your own question. You obviously want to start something here and didn't get anyone to bite in the first 15 minutes. Go grind your axe elsewhere.

I want to know whats going on? This team is Two years out of a State Championship. Whats going on?

What is going on is the current coaching staff is having to fight a lot of battles they shouldn't have to fight.

I agree the schedule is too tough. CovCath needs to get rid of all the Ohio D1 schools and the KY 6A school on their schedule.

Hopefully Coach Brossart will be given more time to prove he can coach and for the sake of everyone associated with CovCath hopefully the Park Hills Mafia will be dealt with by Ringmaster Guidugli.

In defense for Brossart. He was screwed from the beginning. Dave Worth coach of Badin"OH" and Mike Wolf Dc of Ryle. Were all the top picks of The committee that choose the coach. All of the committee had Brossart their last pick.

The AD of CCH called Mike Wolf and told him he had the job, then former prin. of CCH Mike Clines, behind the committees back, gave Brossart the job, so right off the bat, Brossart had no chance at CCH.

But only one of those has been in the past 10 years and during that same 10 year span they have only had 5 winning seasons.

Actually it has been 6 out of 10. Regardless, they play the toughest schedule in the state year in and out hands down. They play 3-4 Ohio powers every year who would all be better than anyone in Northern KY.

I still think a tough schedule is good for a team. But it definitely needs to be scaled back severely. I would much rather play a Boone County or a Ryle for example, then a Cardinal Mooney or Elder.

WKUFAN,

You ask a question to start a thread and 15 min later you provide an answer to your own question. You obviously want to start something here and didn't get anyone to bite in the first 15 minutes. Go grind your axe elsewhere.

Actually it was only 3 minutes.

Like it or not the current playoff setup basically assures Covcath will make the playoffs. And making the playoffs versus overall win/loss is what it is about. How doe splaying a soft schedule get a team ready for the playoffs? Is the team over matched this year against some of their opponents? Probably so, but playing the best can only make the team better.

Apparently, they have a coach who doesn't win, doesn't get along with parents or boosters, and sends emails that end poorly.

They also have a schedule that is way too difficult. They also have a principal who isn't working well with the students. They also have a bunch of parents' whose expectations are too high.

Who knows what will happen. I hope things change.

Agree with the schedule, but that wasn't Coach Brossart's doing?? And slamming the principal, with a total of what--Two-Three months on the job?? Other than trying to instill some discipline in a group that had little, what has been his shortcomings?? Sounds like we have an agenda????

I have spoke to the principal and as a student teacher he was very helpful to me when I needed to set up appointments to observe and do things inside the school. I was VERY impressed by him and I am not sure why he isn't working well with the students, but I have not heard this? I have heard he is a bit more strict. But I don't think bringing the principal into this discussion was really necessary?

And, do we really even need a repeat of the thread from a few days back. I mean it is entertaining, but the playoffs ARE coming and rather than dwell on all the negative I think it is about time people just start to support the boys in their run.

Agree with the schedule, but that wasn't Coach Brossart's doing?? And slamming the principal, with a total of what--Two-Three months on the job?? Other than trying to instill some discipline in a group that had little, what has been his shortcomings?? Sounds like we have an agenda????

Surprisingly, I have no agenda. I am not connected with CovCath football anymore. I never played, all of my friends graduated, and none of my siblings currently play football. I only speak from what I have heard.

Surprisingly, I have no agenda. I am not connected with CovCath football anymore. I never played, all of my friends graduated, and none of my siblings currently play football. I only speak from what I have heard.

I guess my complaint would be the cheapie at Principal Rowe, who doesn't even have his feet wet, and IMO deserves no part of the shortcomings, real or imagined, of the football program??