Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is going on With the CCH Program?

Featured Replies

I have spoke to the principal and as a student teacher he was very helpful to me when I needed to set up appointments to observe and do things inside the school. I was VERY impressed by him and I am not sure why he isn't working well with the students, but I have not heard this? I have heard he is a bit more strict. But I don't think bringing the principal into this discussion was really necessary?

 

And, do we really even need a repeat of the thread from a few days back. I mean it is entertaining, but the playoffs ARE coming and rather than dwell on all the negative I think it is about time people just start to support the boys in their run.

 

:thumb:

Best of luck to the Colonels in their upcoming playoff run!!!!

I just cant believe the sophomoric comments made by some folks on here. Its a real shame to be quite honest how some folks feel the need to blast adults while they try their best to educate and coach kids. Im not saying everyone needs to be happy but the attacks on here are just crazy.

Bob Rowe is a great guy and will instill some discipline into the young men of CovCath..

Best of luck to the Colonels in their upcoming playoff run!!!!

 

Until week three, at least.

Bob Rowe is a great guy and will instill some discipline into the young men of CovCath..

 

I have heard this is exactly what he is doing; implementing discipline. And if that bothers the kids, well too bad. That is his job and they will thank him for it later.

Until week three, at least.

 

haha, I'm assuming you mean Highlands correct? If they do meet, do you know the date of when they'd play. I know it would be at Highlands, so it would be a Friday night, but do you know the date?

I know it would be at Highlands, so it would be a Friday night, but do you know the date?
November 28.
Bob Rowe is a great guy and will instill some discipline into the young men of CovCath..

 

:thumb::thumb:

I just cant believe the sophomoric comments made by some folks on here. Its a real shame to be quite honest how some folks feel the need to blast adults while they try their best to educate and coach kids. Im not saying everyone needs to be happy but the attacks on here are just crazy.

 

Well said. Couldn't agree anymore. :thumb:

haha, I'm assuming you mean Highlands correct? If they do meet, do you know the date of when they'd play. I know it would be at Highlands, so it would be a Friday night, but do you know the date?

 

Man, I'd love for Highlands to play CovCath in week three if for no other reason to not have to repeat the drive to Paintsville. But I just don't see it happening because based on my first hand observation of JC this year, I don't think CovCath has the horses on D to stop JC's running attack. Others who also watched JC with me, do differ with my opinion. In order to stop JC, you better have some stud lbers and D linemen. CovCath has one very good lber (Van Sant) and one very good D lineman (Malloy) but after those two, there is a big drop off in talent. The other kids play very hard, but effort alone will not be enough to stop JC. To stop JC, CovCath will have to put 11 in the box and I think that old fox Matney will then unveil a passing game that he's spent a lot of time working on in practice but has been hiding throughout the regular season. I'm sure he'd rather not unveil his passing game against CovCath and let the secret out of the bag, but if CovCath puts 11 in the box, he'll be forced to because while CovCath is down this year, they aren't so far down that JC will be able to run the ball if CovCath puts 11 in the box. And I think they will put 11 in the box; heck, they have nothing to lose. Pull out that upset and Brossart may survive a year. Lose to them and the chances of that happening decrease dramatically.

 

Matney is not stupid. He's been seeing a future match up against Highlands for some time. He's seen strong run oriented offenses get shut down by Highlands in the past and knows if he wants go get past Highlands and win state, he'll have to pull out some surprises (like an unexpected and good passing game). Maybe I'm giving Matney more credit than I should, but I don't think so.

 

I think CovCath can win their first round game, but not a second round match up against JC, so I'm not throwing away my mapquest directions to Paintsville. I'd love for CovCath to prove me wrong however.:thumb:

Man, I'd love for Highlands to play CovCath in week three if for no other reason to not have to repeat the drive to Paintsville. But I just don't see it happening because based on my first hand observation of JC this year, I don't think CovCath has the horses on D to stop JC's running attack. Others who also watched JC with me, do differ with my opinion. In order to stop JC, you better have some stud lbers and D linemen. CovCath has one very good lber (Van Sant) and one very good D lineman (Malloy) but after those two, there is a big drop off in talent. The other kids play very hard, but effort alone will not be enough to stop JC. To stop JC, CovCath will have to put 11 in the box and I think that old fox Matney will then unveil a passing game that he's spent a lot of time working on in practice but has been hiding throughout the regular season. I'm sure he'd rather not unveil his passing game against CovCath and let the secret out of the bag, but if CovCath puts 11 in the box, he'll be forced to because while CovCath is down this year, they aren't so far down that JC will be able to run the ball if CovCath puts 11 in the box. And I think they will put 11 in the box; heck, they have nothing to lose. Pull out that upset and Brossart may survive a year. Lose to them and the chances of that happening decrease dramatically.

 

Matney is not stupid. He's been seeing a future match up against Highlands for some time. He's seen strong run oriented offenses get shut down by Highlands in the past and knows if he wants go get past Highlands and win state, he'll have to pull out some surprises (like an unexpected and good passing game). Maybe I'm giving Matney more credit than I should, but I don't think so.

 

I think CovCath can win their first round game, but not a second round match up against JC, so I'm not throwing away my mapquest directions to Paintsville. I'd love for CovCath to prove me wrong however.:thumb:

 

I'd actually like to make the Paintsville trip. I like to see what kind of facilities the other schools in the state have. Bell County has always been a favorite of mine, and Sheldon Clark and Rockcastle are also up there. (I've never been treated as well as a visiting fan as I was at Sheldon Clark.) That said, I kind of meant the whole week three thing as a joke. I just forgot to hit the ;) smilie until after I'd already hit the "Submit Reply" button. (As long as Highlands is still playing, I don't care who they play.:ylsuper:)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.