Marriage Definition

What?

You don't mind the government allowing it to be called civil unions, but you want the government to prevent churches from defining marriage?

No, I don't think the Government has the right to tell the church to allow gay marriage though. You think the Catholic church should allow gay marriage?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't think the Government has the right to tell the church to allow gay marriage though. You think the Catholic church should allow gay marriage?

:thumb: That makes more sense. I thought you were implying that the government should force churches to not accept gay marriage, but allow civil unions.

No, they can call it marriage if they want, just so long as it's not done in a church.

Here is the problem.

Let's say a civil union is done between two consenting adults that a church would not recognize.

But then something comes up at a church that is for married couples and the two want to attend. The two that are recognized by the government but not the church.

Can the church be labeled as discriminatory by something recognized by government?

Here is the problem.

Let's say a civil union is done between two consenting adults that a church would not recognize.

But then something comes up at a church that is for married couples and the two want to attend. The two that are recognized by the government but not the church.

Can the church be labeled as discriminatory by something recognized by government?

:lol:

Are you saying there will be? What evidence can you use to justify that assumption?

We are a race of sexual freaks. What is generally acceptable now wasn't about 20 years ago. Who knows what "rights" people will be fighting for in the future. Hopefully there will be a morality revival, but that's all I have is hope.

:lol:

Not sure why that is funny but glad I could provide a laugh.

In Canada, laws have already been erected that can let sermon be declared as a hate speech, limiting what a preacher can say from the pulpit.

In this country, while we have not erected laws to prevent speech from the pulpit, we have created a system in which a church is penalized if they want to say whatever from the pulpit.

I don't think it is a stretch to say that in the future government will adopt a policy that if a church refuses to hire someone that's actions go against their faith that the church could lose their not-for-profit status.