Zogby poll for tomorrow: McCain takes a 1% lead

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting to see after the election which poll hit closest. There are so many dynamics at play this year with the increased minority vote, youth vote, use of cell phones instead of landlines, etc.

I think you are right. There are numerous dynamics at play that have made polling harder to do.

How can you say that?

The odds are stacked against him and he has had to run a good campaign just to stay competitive.

• Unpopular President from his party.
  • Horrible economy that is blamed on his party.
  • A media that is so tilted and bias towards his opponent it is shockingly sad.
  • Facing a candidate that reneged on a pledge to take public financing (which will change Presidential races forever as the Republican candidate in 2012 won't take public money then) and has about 6 times the money he does.
  • A candidate that is very well liked and seen as a historical choice of messianic portion.

And he still has a chance to win.

:thumb:

Before the economic crisis McCain was doing much better in the polls. The economy is the number one thing in this election. However, I do think McCain should have gotten away from the lable of George Bush BEFORE the 3rd debate. That was a mistake by him, I think.

:thumb:

Before the economic crisis McCain was doing much better in the polls. The economy is the number one thing in this election. However, I do think McCain should have gotten away from the lable of George Bush BEFORE the 3rd debate. That was a mistake by him, I think.

He had some missteps but so has Obama.

And those that make $42,000 on up will be come tax time if Obama gets elected.:lol::lol:

I doubt it. At least it won't be any different than the current strategy. At least if Obama is elected, the top tier will be paying more as well.

I doubt it. At least it won't be any different than the current strategy. At least if Obama is elected, the top tier will be paying more as well.

RM, you are a businesswoman and I am a teacher, so I pose you a question. If the expenses go up for your hotel, which of the following is likely to happen:

1) owners absorb the cost out of their share of the profits so that no employees or customers are hurt;

2) cost is past on to the consumer;

3) other expenses (example labor) are cut to balance off the increase cost

4) #2 and #3 are correct answers.

RM, you are a businesswoman and I am a teacher, so I pose you a question. If the expenses go up for your hotel, which of the following is likely to happen:

1) owners absorb the cost out of their share of the profits so that no employees or customers are hurt;

2) cost is past on to the consumer;

3) other expenses (example labor) are cut to balance off the increase cost

4) #2 and #3 are correct answers.

Without going into the specifics, I'll just say this:

My industry has been hard hit since 9/11. Yes, this makes things tougher, but we've been dealing with a downward trend for 7 years.

Without going into the specifics, I'll just say this:

My industry has been hard hit since 9/11. Yes, this makes things tougher, but we've been dealing with a downward trend for 7 years.

In the public school system, I would have given you 1 point for good effort but you would have failed the quiz for not answering the question.:D;):lol::sssh::p

Zogby generally shows better poll numbers for Republicans for some reason.

The IBD poll has been most favorable to Republicans. Zogby has been all over the place this year. Gallup and Rasmussen, the two most credible pollsters in my opinion, show steady, although narrowing, leads for Obama. Then again, Drudge has linked Nickelodeon polls when they've shown a tight race.

And for all of those calling for more "hardball" from McCain, I hate to be the one who breaks it to you, but it's the reason he's going to lose this race. It's not what he does well, it's insubstantial, and it isn’t what people are looking to hear with the current state of affairs. So, congratulations, you’ve lost what should have been a win. Such is the state of the Republican party.

In the public school system, I would have given you 1 point for good effort but you would have failed the quiz for not answering the question.:D;):lol::sssh::p

Well, I could go into specifics, but it would be a long, leatherneck or Fastbreak type post, and in the end, the answer would still be the same. We've been having to do all of the above for 7 years now.