Bruce Lunsford Commercial has me confused....

Okay, I admit I am not always the most current or up to date on all things political. However, I was sitting doing some studying and had the tv on as background noise when I heard a commercial that made me say HUH???!!!

It was a PRO Bruce Lunsford commercial talking about Mitch McConnell and tying him with Bush's acts. Near the end of the commercial it was mentioned that McConnell supported Bush in his bailout plan for aiding the failing economy. Now what confused me here is that the Bailout Plan (yup, im capitalizing it) while given support by Bush and ultimately a good amount of Republicans, seemed to me at least to be trumpeted by the Democratic party quite heavily and when it initially didn't pass, most media outlets and Democrats actually blamed the Republicans for not wanting to help the American people by bailing out the economy aka banking systems, etc....

Why would a Democratic candidate try to bash his Republican opponent, the incumbent, for voting in favor of the Bailout Plan that was very much trumpeted by his own (Democrat) party, and seem to make it out to be a huge negative for that support???

I'd like to mention, I wasn't very much in favor of the bailout plan and don't really see it as helping much, but still, how can a Democratic candidate actually bash his opponent for supporting the plan?

Okay, I admit I am not always the most current or up to date on all things political. However, I was sitting doing some studying and had the tv on as background noise when I heard a commercial that made me say HUH???!!!

It was a PRO Bruce Lunsford commercial talking about Mitch McConnell and tying him with Bush's acts. Near the end of the commercial it was mentioned that McConnell supported Bush in his bailout plan for aiding the failing economy. Now what confused me here is that the Bailout Plan (yup, im capitalizing it) while given support by Bush and ultimately a good amount of Republicans, seemed to me at least to be trumpeted by the Democratic party quite heavily and when it initially didn't pass, most media outlets and Democrats actually blamed the Republicans for not wanting to help the American people by bailing out the economy aka banking systems, etc....

Why would a Democratic candidate try to bash his Republican opponent, the incumbent, for voting in favor of the Bailout Plan that was very much trumpeted by his own (Democrat) party, and seem to make it out to be a huge negative for that support???

I'd like to mention, I wasn't very much in favor of the bailout plan and don't really see it as helping much, but still, how can a Democratic candidate actually bash his opponent for supporting the plan?

In politics, unfortunately, anything goes. Obama bashes McCain for voting for Bush's budgets, yet there was only 1 Bush budget that Obama did not vote for.

I don't want to vote for McConnell, but I can't stomach voting for Lunsford.

Nice observation, I noticed the same thing. Now get used to it. :irked:

Frankly there is nothing wrong with the senatorial election that two poisoned glasses won't fix.

In fact I think I need to get as many people as possible to write me in on this, because frankly neither of these guys are worthy of a vote.

Absolutely. I am in. Does there need to a space between Pep and Rock?

Frankly there is nothing wrong with the senatorial election that two poisoned glasses won't fix.

In fact I think I need to get as many people as possible to write me in on this, because frankly neither of these guys are worthy of a vote.

You should have filed papers because I'm looking for someone to vote for in this one.

Nice observation, I noticed the same thing. Now get used to it. :irked:

Absolutely. I am in. Does there need to a space between Pep and Rock?

You should have filed papers because I'm looking for someone to vote for in this one.

Well folks, I promise I will next time! :thumb: