Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers 38 Bengals 10

Featured Replies

  • Author
Crown of the helmet on chinstrap from the blindside is dirty in my book no matter who does it. Hit him in the chest and it's the same thing except Rivers is still playing. Oh well, I've made my thoughts known. The thing that bothers me most is no Bengal stepping up for his teammate.

 

It's called a "crack back" for a reason. You must never have played football, because EVERY player looks for those kind of hits...

  • Replies 234
  • Views 21.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's called a "crack back" for a reason. You must never have played football, because EVERY player looks for those kind of hits...

 

Thus the, "hit him in the chest" part of my post. I'm done arguing it, it was dirty and nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

I can't stand Ward and his antics. People bash Chad, he is nowhere near the clown that Hines Ward is. Chad Johnson has been a MUCH better player than him too, even though people don't want to admit it.

 

It was not an illegal hit, but a cheapshot. I am sure Bengal fans think it was cheap, and Steelers fan don't. Look at it like this, if Rivers had blindsided Ward like that, the NFL would've fined him.

 

What made me sicker was watching that dork celebrate after he did it, like he does after every play. I am done here, I hate the Steelers.

It has been brought up in the thread but the major issue here isn't the hit on Rivers. It's the lack of planting Ward later by one of Rivers' "teammates". I think it proves the "I" mentality of this collection of Bengals that some call a team.

 

I'm reminded of Shawn Estes of the Mets being ordered to hit Rogers Clemens when he came to bat in a game a few years back after Clemens had hit a few Mets. He missed badly and it was not greeted well by his teammates. Estes was not a Met at season's end.

I can't stand Ward and his antics. People bash Chad, he is nowhere near the clown that Hines Ward is. Chad Johnson has been a MUCH better player than him too, even though people don't want to admit it.

 

It was not an illegal hit, but a cheapshot. I am sure Bengal fans think it was cheap, and Steelers fan don't. Look at it like this, if Rivers had blindsided Ward like that, the NFL would've fined him.

 

What made me sicker was watching that dork celebrate after he did it, like he does after every play. I am done here, I hate the Steelers.

And they're broken up about that.

I still think if Rivers wouldn't have been running across the field with his eyes closed, he could of at least taken the hit better, if not deliver a blow to Ward. Like I said guys that run around an NFL field with blinders on, won't last long.

It has been brought up in the thread but the major issue here isn't the hit on Rivers. It's the lack of planting Ward later by one of Rivers' "teammates". I think it proves the "I" mentality of this collection of Bengals that some call a team.

 

I'm reminded of Shawn Estes of the Mets being ordered to hit Rogers Clemens when he came to bat in a game a few years back after Clemens had hit a few Mets. He missed badly and it was not greeted well by his teammates. Estes was not a Met at season's end.

 

I agree with Scribe. It's not the hit or even the helmet to helmet part of the hit I have a problem with. It's that no one on River's team stepped up and returned the favor, even if it cost them a personal foul penatly or a stiff fine. STAND UP and make a statement that you will (for lack of a better word) retaliate if this happens again.

:thumb:

 

It wasn't a block, it was a cheap shot. Bengals should have taken him out after he scored and danced into the end zone there late in the game. A Bengals player should have made that the last touchdown Ward would ever score again.

 

I haven't seen the hit yet, so I cannot comment on whether or not it was a cheap shot.

 

But let me get this straight, ... you are advocating doing intentional permanent damage to a player thereby ending his career? I cannot agree with that.

 

Onto Ward. While I don't condone cheap shots, .. he has been on the receiving end as well as giving them over the years. The funny part is that he always gets up with a smile on his face, even when he gets blasted. I respect the intensity he has when he plays AND the fact that he plays hard all the time. He actually enjoys playing the game. Those putting Chad Johnson even in Ward's league when it comes to playing 110% all the time obviously haven't watched or played the game. Does Johnson have more talent? Absolutely. But Ward has done far more with his talent than Ocho Cinco has done with his.

 

I am okay with retaliation. Have no problem with it. But advocating permanently injuring a player is way out of bounds IMHO.

If it was someone that never plays then we wouldn't even be having this discussion, nor would we be having it if TJ had done it to one of the Steeler linebackers. Boo hoo, cry a river, it's part of football and if no one likes it then petition for them to play two-hand touch or flag football. It was not a dirty hit. People seem to get "dirty hit" and a "hard hit" mixed up in football now. I mean any hard hit is considered dirty if a player comes up limping, and it shouldn't be like that. Get over it and let it go.

If it was someone that never plays then we wouldn't even be having this discussion, nor would we be having it if TJ had done it to one of the Steeler linebackers. Boo hoo, cry a river, it's part of football and if no one likes it then petition for them to play two-hand touch or flag football. It was not a dirty hit. People seem to get "dirty hit" and a "hard hit" mixed up in football now. I mean any hard hit is considered dirty if a player comes up limping, and it shouldn't be like that. Get over it and let it go.

 

 

 

After thinking about this for awhile, these are my thoughts...

 

(1) It was dirty. Helmet to helmet hits have been frowned up for awhile now

(2) I wish we had players who played hard like Hines Ward, he is so easy to hate for opposing fans. Call him dirty and cheap (he is a little bit of both) but that guy is out there to kill someone every game. Why can't we get a guy with some attitude and toughness?

(3) The fact that we are 0-7 and it was our #1 pick definitely makes me more upset. Either way, it was dirty.

(4) As mentioned above, the worst part of all is that nobody on the Bengals stepped up for our "future star".

(5) We are 0-7, I'm going to complain about whatever I want!

You also have to remember people on here were calling Kimo Von Oelhoffen's hit on Carson Palmer in 2006 "dirty" and a "cheap shot" although there have been several other quarterbacks suffer an injury on the same type of tackle with very few if any threads started on the subject. It's the homer mentality at it's finest.

You also have to remember people on here were calling Kimo Von Oelhoffen's hit on Carson Palmer in 2006 "dirty" and a "cheap shot" although there have been several other quarterbacks suffer an injury on the same type of tackle with very few if any threads started on the subject. It's the homer mentality at it's finest.

You mean the hit that prompted a rule change? Only difference is this one is already against the rules. You can not thrust the crown of your helmet in to an opponents jaw. Simple as that...

You also have to remember people on here were calling Kimo Von Oelhoffen's hit on Carson Palmer in 2006 "dirty" and a "cheap shot" although there have been several other quarterbacks suffer an injury on the same type of tackle with very few if any threads started on the subject. It's the homer mentality at it's finest.

 

I hate to say it, but I'm going to have to agree with you. If it were any other team and they showed the highlights on SportsCenter, everyone would be on here talking about how the guy got his bell rung and how he should've been aware that a hit was coming. Since it was a Bengals' player, it has been labeled a cheap shot and Ward being up to his old tricks again. It they were playing flag football or two-hand touch, then it would be a dirty hit. They are playing tackle football and if you run around the field like a moron with no vision, you're going to get tagged.

 

Dicky Lyons Jr. did the same thing to the LSU player in last season's game. He hit him so hard that it raised him off the ground a foot or more. We all go on here and celebrated Dicky playing so hard and showing how tough he was. What's the difference?

 

Just my thoughts.

I hate to say it, but I'm going to have to agree with you. If it were any other team and they showed the highlights on SportsCenter, everyone would be on here talking about how the guy got his bell rung and how he should've been aware that a hit was coming. Since it was a Bengals' player, it has been labeled a cheap shot and Ward being up to his old tricks again. It they were playing flag football or two-hand touch, then it would be a dirty hit. They are playing tackle football and if you run around the field like a moron with no vision, you're going to get tagged.

 

Dicky Lyons Jr. did the same thing to the LSU player in last season's game. He hit him so hard that it raised him off the ground a foot or more. We all go on here and celebrated Dicky playing so hard and showing how tough he was. What's the difference?

 

Just my thoughts.

If he didn't drop his helmet and launch it in to Rivers chin, I'd say it was clean. Rivers was an idiot for not being aware of the situation, but that doesn't make it any less dirty...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.