October 20, 200817 yr Watch this: Then watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCsDdIWvx3o Ward does what coaches have been begging WR's to do for ages. He blocks in the open field. Both were dirty for the same reason. No way you can justify using the crown of your helmet in that fashion...
October 20, 200817 yr The Bengals suck, and one day Ward is going to break his own neck. I'm done with it...
October 20, 200817 yr If he didn't drop his helmet and launch it in to Rivers chin, I'd say it was clean. Rivers was an idiot for not being aware of the situation, but that doesn't make it any less dirty... I went back and watched it again and from another angle. It just looks like he was lowering his shoulder. It didn't really seem like he was trying to lead with the helmet. Its hard to say if it was intentional or not.
October 20, 200817 yr Bengals may just go 0-16. If this were a typical Bengals team, they'll win the next 7 and then blow the season by losing the last 2.
October 20, 200817 yr If this were a typical Bengals team, they'll win the next 7 and then blow the season by losing the last 2. :laugh: Sun 10/26 at Houston 4:05 pm Kinda see this as a good game Sun 11/2 Jacksonville 1:00 pm L bye Sun 11/16 Philadelphia 1:00 pm L Thu 11/20 at Pittsburgh 8:15 pm L Sun 11/30 Baltimore 1:00 pm Can see us winning. Sun 12/7 at Indianapolis 1:00 pm L Sun 12/14 Washington 1:00 pm L Sun 12/21 at Cleveland 1:00 pm Maybe we win this game. Sun 12/28 Kansas City 1:00 pm KC is terrible, but so are we.
October 20, 200817 yr The Bengals suck, and one day Ward is going to break his own neck. I'm done with it... I'm glad, you're making the river deeper....
October 20, 200817 yr The Bengals are cursed. Plain and simple. They suck bad enough as it is and the two SC guys (Carson and Rivers)...the only two #1's they have hit on this decade (I might be exaggerating there, I didn't check)...and they're out. What can you say? I wish the NFL would instruct Hines to make the check out to me when he pays his fine...because it ain't gonna be cheap. In fact, I'll be surprised if the Steeler aren't playing one of their next two games without him.
October 20, 200817 yr Any word of a fine or suspension? When does this sort of stuff usually get announced?
October 20, 200817 yr Any word of a fine or suspension? When does this sort of stuff usually get announced? Do they fine people for good blocks these days?
October 20, 200817 yr If Hines Ward hits Rivers any lower, they're both out for a long time. Ward was protecting himself.
October 21, 200817 yr Not for one second. If Cincy had someone who played as hard as he does, then bungals might be a better team...
October 21, 200817 yr If Cincy had someone who played as hard as he does, then bungals might be a better team... I don't like him hes a pompous arrogant jerk IMO. He's a good player your right about that but I just don't like him.
October 21, 200817 yr Bengals receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh saw nothing wrong with the block. "The guy doesn't see you coming, who doesn't do that?" Houshmandzadeh said on Monday. "Keith didn't see him coming, he cracked back on him and it just was unfortunate what happened. But every receiver in the league would do that, if they had an opportunity. They just don't get them too often."
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.