Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers 38 Bengals 10

Featured Replies

  • Author
Watch the replay, you can't tell me that he didn't lower his head and lead with his helmet right into Rivers jaw. That is as cheap as it gets and very cowardly. He has always played like that, he won't hit anyone head on.

He is the worst kind of dirty player, a sneaky dirty player.

 

YOU need to watch the replay. Ward's head didn't even touch Rivers'.....:rolleyes:

  • Replies 234
  • Views 21.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rivers was in position to make the tackle, Ward was in position to make a block on Rivers. What's dirty about that?

 

Lowering your helmet and spearing it in to Rivers' head. Not sure what you're missing here...

YOU need to watch the replay. Ward's head didn't even touch Rivers'.....:rolleyes:

So his jaw broke on it's own? Come on 2. The crown of his helmet went right in to him...

Lowering your helmet and spearing it in to Rivers' head. Not sure what you're missing here...

 

Honestly, after watching it again, there is no way you can say Ward wasn't playing dirty.....What a loser.

Watch the replay, you can't tell me that he didn't lower his head and lead with his helmet right into Rivers jaw. That is as cheap as it gets and very cowardly. He has always played like that, he won't hit anyone head on.

He is the worst kind of dirty player, a sneaky dirty player.

 

You must be watching a different game. Nothing dirty about it. Good hit, bad outcome.

If you admitt it or not, all bengal fans would love to have Ward on there team.

If you admitt it or not, all bengal fans would love to have Ward on there team.

 

I'd love to see Ward unable to move...That's about all....

If you admitt it or not, all bengal fans would love to have Ward on there team.

 

Not for one second.

Above all the drama in this thread... Ward is not a first time offender.. we all know how that goes...

Hines Ward...

 

"I'm not doing anything illegal," Ward said. "It was a clean hit. I didn't stand over the guy or anything. I just celebrated the same as a guy does when he gets a sack. I'm not going to change my ways. If they're going to keep fining me for that, then I'm going to get fined all year.

 

"I don't know if I hurt him or not, but that wasn't my intention. I saw he was hurt, said a little prayer for him, and that was it. I've been playing like that for 11 years. I guess I don't know what people are griping about."

Brandon Johnson replaced Rivers on the field....

 

“It was a good block. If I was in Hines Ward’s shoes, I probably would have taken the same shot. You can’t really blame him. But like I said, if he was playing quarterback, then there would have been a flag.”

It won't be this year and that's what burns linebackers coach Jeff FitzGerald, who thought the hit was uncalled for because it happened away from the play.

 

"We'll take a look at it (on film), but that guy 86 (Ward) has been known to do that," FitzGerald said. "That's his deal, and that's bullcrap as far as I'm concerned. (Blocking) around the pile — that's the kind of game he likes to play.

Chad Uno weighs in....

 

"I'm mad about Keith getting hurt," Ocho Cinco said. "I don't think (it was a cheap shot). The play is going on; players are going after the ball, a crackback block, which is what it is called. You have to have your head on a swivel at some point."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.