Which sport yields the most athletic players?

Frisby Golf.

LOL. I almost spilt my coffee on this one.

I think athletism is to be clearly defined before you pick the sport. Football, baseball, and basketball are clearly the three sports being debated here and I would say football brings the most athletes with basketball being a close second and baseball third.

Football is high speed and pure strength. The WR's have incredible speed, agility, and strength. The same as the DB's. Basketball you do have the likes of Michael Jordan and Lebron James, but football brings them in in higher numbers.

As for baseball, John Kruk a former Phillies player said it best. "Hey, I'm not an athlete, I'm a baseball player."

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we can disagree. I assume you're referring to Shaq in his prime in your op, since you talked about him dominating games. That hasn't really happened in a while. And Shaq in his prime was an outstanding athlete. People see the 370lb, injured, 35yr old Shaq and forget the 300lb, healthy, young Shaq. If you want to see quickness, foot moves and hand-eye, check the video. He was a freak.

PS. I'm not trying to hijack the thread or start a Shaq debate, but to call Shaq the "most unathletic player in the NBA" just isn't right.

the pass at :13 was sick.

Yes we can disagree. I assume you're referring to Shaq in his prime in your op, since you talked about him dominating games. That hasn't really happened in a while. And Shaq in his prime was an outstanding athlete. People see the 370lb, injured, 35yr old Shaq and forget the 300lb, healthy, young Shaq. If you want to see quickness, foot moves and hand-eye, check the video. He was a freak.

PS. I'm not trying to hijack the thread or start a Shaq debate, but to call Shaq the "most unathletic player in the NBA" just isn't right.

Unreal! Good find too.

I can think of plenty of basketball players who would make great defensive ends, tight ends, safeties and wide receivers. There are also other positions, but these 5 stand out the most to me.

I'll vote basketball.

They may be able to learn the plays, cover the receivers, read the offense/defense, etc., but the biggest question is can they take the hit? I say, in most instances, no.