Vandy 14 Auburn 13

Jim Schue

Auburn is running "Auburn's System" now. According to my sources, it's a combo. of Coach Franklin's system and old school Auburn.

As far as Franklin getting fired.....we'll just wait and see.

I was at this game and it was a great atmosphere. I always thought UK basketball fans were the most pessimistic people....I stand corrected. That honor now goes to Auburn football fans. I've never heard so many cynical remarks.

On a lighter note, my favorite sign(s) were the ones that said #1 in the SEC on one sign and then #1 on the SAT on another sign.

If they thought they could switch from an old-school, conservative, power running offense to a shotgun only, high-powered spread attack with not a bump in the road, they're nuts.

If you're going to make that drastic of a change, you have to be patient. Not something I imagine Auburn football fans have much of...

Auburn is not running the Franklin system anymore.

"No. 13 Auburn's abrupt effort to remake Franklin's pass-heavy spread offense into a more traditional running attack failed miserably Saturday night, helping Vanderbilt take a history-making 14-13 win. "

"The spread has been retired, and players didn't seem to know exactly what has been put in its place.

"I don't know what we are," said senior receiver Rod Smith. "The spread? The old Auburn offense? Everybody's confused. I don't know what to say right now. I'm speechless. Everybody's hurting, speechless and confused." Smith said Tuberville told the team there would be dramatic changes as soon as today. But it's hard to imagine changes any more drastic than what has already occurred.

The Tigers entered the season in thrall of Franklin's spread system, which produced gigantic offensive numbers at Troy. On Saturday, the spread had been largely supplanted by a more conservative look. It was the 15th play of the game before quarterback Chris Todd even attempted a pass."

If you know the Franklin system, you know what they are putting out there isn't it. Tubberville is admitting that in the papers. They are in a mess because Tubs or the staff don't believe in the offense they ran in the bowl game.

"No. 13 Auburn's abrupt effort to remake Franklin's pass-heavy spread offense into a more traditional running attack failed miserably Saturday night, helping Vanderbilt take a history-making 14-13 win. "

"The spread has been retired, and players didn't seem to know exactly what has been put in its place.

"I don't know what we are," said senior receiver Rod Smith. "The spread? The old Auburn offense? Everybody's confused. I don't know what to say right now. I'm speechless. Everybody's hurting, speechless and confused." Smith said Tuberville told the team there would be dramatic changes as soon as today. But it's hard to imagine changes any more drastic than what has already occurred.

The Tigers entered the season in thrall of Franklin's spread system, which produced gigantic offensive numbers at Troy. On Saturday, the spread had been largely supplanted by a more conservative look. It was the 15th play of the game before quarterback Chris Todd even attempted a pass."

If you know the Franklin system, you know what they are putting out there isn't it. Tubberville is admitting that in the papers. They are in a mess because Tubs or the staff don't believe in the offense they ran in the bowl game.

That's my major gripe with Tubberville. When you tell someone you are going to give them 100% control of something and you jump in and try to go back to your old antics, that's bad (and obviously not working).

That's my major gripe with Tubberville. When you tell someone you are going to give them 100% control of something and you jump in and try to go back to your old antics, that's bad (and obviously not working).

Tommy T. has a huge ego and is a very hands on head coach. He couldn't let Tony Franklin do his thing and Tony is not one to take that sort of treatment from his head coach.

In the end, I am sure they agreed to disagree.