Cost of the War in Iraq?

But some say this has nothing to do with our economy struggling...

Maybe there right...And hope that they are right...:thumb:

Of course it has something to do with our economy struggling, but not nearly as much as some people would like to portray it. I know of some companies that are prospering off of the war, so, while it has it's economic drawbacks, there are some "advantages" as well. To be frank, our economy is so vast that every little thing that goes on in our country and the world has some type of effect on the state of our economy.

The part that is disturbing to me is that the war has costed ~$500 billion (over around 6 years), and a lot of politicians have been saying how much of a burden on the economy it is- yet none of them have any problem voting for a ~$810 billion government acquisition of private property.

What kind of dollar figure do you put on lives?

Me?

Of course, no dollar figure. But as long as I think it is for a worthwhile cause, then in all likelihood what the soldiers' and their families have sacrificed is more than I can accomplish

In reality, the cost of the war has far exceeded the $559 billion number. I believe that is just the sum total of all of the "emergency appropriations bills" that have been passed through Congress. That total does not include the undeniable ramp-up in budgeted military spending that has taken place over the last 6-7 years, nor does it include increased costs associated with care for veterans, or non-military costs such as increased State Department spending. Several sources estimate the fully-accounted cost of the war (including the present value of future government spending) at between $1 trillion and $3 trillion.

The U.S. is spending billions of dollars fighting the war on terrorism on foreign soil when we have American terrorist/hate groups right here in the United States...

It just seems kind of strange to me...

Here is a Link I looked up that made me think about this...

http://www.adl.org/learn/ext_us/militia_m.asp?xpicked=4&item=19

In reality, the cost of the war has far exceeded the $559 billion number. I believe that is just the sum total of all of the "emergency appropriations bills" that have been passed through Congress. That total does not include the undeniable ramp-up in budgeted military spending that has taken place over the last 6-7 years, nor does it include increased costs associated with care for veterans, or non-military costs such as increased State Department spending. Several sources estimate the fully-accounted cost of the war (including the present value of future government spending) at between $1 trillion and $3 trillion.

Ha that could be the most horrible estimate I've ever seen in my life. I know it's not yours so don't take offense. Seriously though that's a huge difference from 1 trillion to 3 trillion.

No we are not better off for going to war in Iraq. Again I will ask how many Iraqi's were on the planes that attacked us? 9-11 was GW's excuse for going after Sadam. How many American lives have been lost in Iraq? Lord knows we'll probably never get the real number of Iraqi's that have lost their lives.

No we are not better off for going to war in Iraq. Again I will ask how many Iraqi's were on the planes that attacked us? 9-11 was GW's excuse for going after Sadam. How many American lives have been lost in Iraq? Lord knows we'll probably never get the real number of Iraqi's that have lost their lives.

:thumb: The war and lack of a real Leader has bankrupt this Country.