What's with the new color footballs?

Rebel

Correct me if I am wrong 3wishes, but it was my understanding that everyone has to use a Rawlings football in the playoffs and that the color is not an issue. That teams can still use the regular color looking footballs, as long as it is a Rawlings football. Again this is my understanding and I could be wrong about this.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I am wrong 3wishes, but it was my understanding that everyone has to use a Rawlings football in the playoffs and that the color is not an issue. That teams can still use the regular color looking footballs, as long as it is a Rawlings football. Again this is my understanding and I could be wrong about this.

You are correct, just has to be Rawlings. However, issue #2 then comes up for a lot of teams, the school is only willing to buy the balls that are the cheapest. Rawlings has cut cost on these balls, however, and many agree the quality of them has went out the window.

The opinions of earlier in the year are still unchanged, but the players are adapting to it. Is it truly just because the ball is lighter in color or is there a difference? Who knows, but since we won't have a say when the ball is completely converted over, we might as well get used to it.

The new ST5 is made of the same material as the old ST5. The only difference is the new ST5 is not dyed to the red color and has a tacky feel to it and is supposed to play better in the rain. It is full leather, just like the old one. If you have ever noticed, when you first take out an old ST5 and it gets wet, your hand and shirt will have a red tint to it.

It is required that you use a Rawlings football in the playoffs, but not always inforced by the Ref's.

Rawling's sucks...their footballs are made to fit the game of the 1980's...they're like the old 1001 balls, fat and round. They're cheap and ugly. Nice pick by the KHSAA for the official ball for our playoffs.
I guess the best ball ever made for high school and college football is not good enough for you. what kind of ball do you think the PRO's Use, a type of 1001!