2008 Beijing Summer Olympics

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They add that and drop baseball and softball.

It should be in the x games not the olympics.

Baseball and softball is not popular in Europe. Other than the Netherlands, I don't remember too many other European nations in baseball and softball. They are considering adding criquet in 2016. Where is that most popular? You got it.

Baseball and softball is not popular in Europe. Other than the Netherlands, I don't remember too many other European nations in baseball and softball. They are considering adding criquet in 2016. Where is that most popular? You got it.

So Europe controls what sports are in the Olympics?

Russia is considered Europe now for some reason. Heard them talking about during the track and field qualifications

Russia has always been considered part-Europe, part-Asia. Until the Soviet era, the bulk of the country's population was always in European Russia, and the czarist leaders have always sought to align Russia more with Europe.

Cricket is more popular in Asia than Europe, and that popularity is isolated to British Commonwealth states. (India, Pakistan, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, etc.) There aren't many French or Italian cricket players.

Officials wanted the Olympics to be a coming out party for a new China. But while the Games have been a huge success, there is a legitimate possibility that China's legacy from Beijing '08 will be that of a massive government cover-up, not the magical Opening Ceremony or the transformation of Beijing or anything else positive.

Looks like China is just the same old Communist place that it always has been. I can't beleive that they are only investigating the one girls. Several of them did not pass the look test concerning their age.