Cubs aquire Rich Harden

Makes me skeptical if Bean was quick to let Harden go when the A's are only 5 back. Maybe he knows something we don't. Like,,,,,,,Harden will be lucky to make to Sept. healthy. Just makes me wonder.

I was thinking the same thing, but Hendry said that the A's were very accomodating with medical records and their doctors being available to the Cubs to talk to.

I can imagine the Cubs looked at EVERYTHING before going through with it. I can't imagine Bean doing something like that. I also think that's why the Cubs asked for the reliever to be essentially "thrown in" with Harden. As insurance in case Harden would go on the DL again.

Yeah I don't get it either...Because if Harden is hurt then you'd figure he'd take the best offer he had to get the best talent in return...I dunno though.

Gallagher is a pretty good prospects but I think Beane may have known what he was doing. Check out this from Buster Olney:

Harden returned from the disabled list on May 11 and, in his first nine starts, pitched as he usually does, dominating hitters, striking out 42 batters in 32 1/3 innings in June, compiling a 1.67 ERA for the month. Some scouts who saw his July 1 start reported that his velocity was down, and he lasted five innings. On July 6, Harden had five erratic innings, walking four and requiring 95 pitches to get through five innings.

Remember he's not used to pitching a heavy workload, there's a good chance he'll tire down the stretch..........

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images