Cubs aquire Rich Harden

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact that he's only pitched in 29 games over the past 3 years is why they were able to get him for practically nothing IMO.

Could be a steal and could be a "get what ya pay for" situation, either way I don't think we lost much

Could be a steal and could be a "get what ya pay for" situation, either way I don't think we lost much

Definitely didn't give up much...Murton sucks, Patterson is well a Patterson so you know he's awful, and apparantly the catcher is a marginal prospect at best...

Disagree. I think CC is twice the pitcher Harden is, but that's just my opinion.

Maybe so but as far as this year they both have their problems. Sabathia seems to be overweight early on, maybe reason that he was pitching horrible to begin with.

Harden can't stay healthy but when he's been on the mound, this year at least, he's been effective..

It'll be seen which one handles the NL better, and we can call it at the end of the season considering that both are pitching for the NL Central.

Maybe so but as far as this year they both have their problems. Sabathia seems to be overweight early on, maybe reason that he was pitching horrible to begin with.

Harden can't stay healthy but when he's been on the mound, this year at least, he's been effective..

It'll be seen which one handles the NL better, and we can call it at the end of the season considering that both are pitching for the NL Central.

:thumb:

I think Harden is insurance for when Marquis goes into the tank like he has the past few years.

Gallagher is really the only key player lost in the trade for the Cubs. He'll go to Oakland and win 12-15 games a year because it's a big park and he is a fly ball pitcher.

Murton is squeezed out of the outfield and has lost his swing the past year.

The Cubs grew sour on Patterson when he kept showing up late for the park last September and they just sent him home. How many September call-ups have you ever heard of get sent home before the end of the season?

Donaldson is hitting .217 at AA and is playing a position that Soto will own for years.

So in essence, what have the really lost? I think Gaudin will prove to be more valuable this year than Harden.

The Cubs gave up less than the Brewers and I think the pitching ability is close. I say the Cubs made the better deal.

The Brewers made a move to win it all this year and regroup from there. The Cubs made a solid multiple year deal, but it's not a better deal to win right now. Two different trade philosophies...

The Brewers made a move to win it all this year and regroup from there. The Cubs made a solid multiple year deal, but it's not a better deal to win right now. Two different trade philosophies...

Agreed. I think the Brew Crew have the better offense, so I think they win the Central, and get the honors of being swept by the Bo Sox this year...:D