Why I think the Bulls should NOT take Rose

Trade Hinrich, take Rose, that simple. Rose helps you take the next step towards a championship. With Hinrich, he is good but not great. To win a championship, you need great.

Who is going to take Hinrich and his $11 Million 2008 salary? They need to have Hinrich play for them this year, prove he has rebounded back to his normal self from a medicore year last year and then maybe they could get value for him.

Beasley averaged 27 points, 13 rebounds, shot 54 % FG, 40% 3Pt, and set the record for most double doubles by a freshman with 28 breaking Melo's record of 22.

He was a beast. I do not understand why the Heat don't like him.

He was a beast. I do not understand why the Heat don't like him.

I would say most people's concern stem from as someone previously mentioned he will be sort of a Lamar Odom type. Games like the one against Xavier showed his weaknesses. There was no one on Xavier's team that can match up with him. However, using athletes like Derrick Brown to guard him they were able to shut him down, because he wasn't physical inside. With that being said he could still be an awesome player in the NBA. I am just speculating on where some concerns of taking Beasley are coming from.

You also have to keep in mind that Noah and Thomas are young and inexperienced guys...a guy like Derrick Rose could really help those two.

Think Tyson Chandler before and after Chris Paul...Thomas and Noah could be similar to Chandler. They're athletic, high energy guys who could defend, rebound, and score points when Rose broke the opposing defense down.

Rose is the guy for Chicago. It's a no-brainer at this point, IMO.

The real question is should Miami take Beasley or Mayo if they stay at #2...

I picture Beasley as a 'Melo-type player, which is a very good scorer. But, is that type of player more valuable than a guy who could become a dynamic guard for years to come? I don't think so.

You also have to keep in mind that Noah and Thomas are young and inexperienced guys...a guy like Derrick Rose could really help those two.

Think Tyson Chandler before and after Chris Paul...Thomas and Noah could be similar to Chandler. They're athletic, high energy guys who could defend, rebound, and score points when Rose broke the opposing defense down.

Rose is the guy for Chicago. It's a no-brainer at this point, IMO.

The real question is should Miami take Beasley or Mayo if they stay at #2...

I picture Beasley as a 'Melo-type player, which is a very good scorer. But, is that type of player more valuable than a guy who could become a dynamic guard for years to come? I don't think so.

I agree I think that #2 pick is going to be a very tough decision.

I agree with Trojan, but for a totally different reason. I think you take Beasley and trade Gooden because I think he might be easier to move. You can maybe package Gooden and Hinrich and get Baron Davis. Maybe talk to Detroit and see if you can put together a package (Hinrich, Ben Gorden and Gooden) for Chauncey Billups and Rasheed Wallace.

I think both guys have bright futures and I don't think Chicago can miss with either of the guys.