Why I think the Bulls should NOT take Rose

The Bulls strength is at the guard position with a Hinrich, Gordon, and Deng. They are very weak up front. If they take Rose they will have two PG's in Hinrich in Rose. I think they couldn't get much value back for Hinrich because he had a poor last season and has a pretty expensive contract.

If they take Beasley they could start Hinrich, Gordon, Deng and Beasley. I mentioned earlier that they couldn't get much value for Hinrch but that doesn't mean I don't think Hinrich will be good this year. I think all of the Deng for Kobe rumors last season got this team off to a bad start and it just spiraled out of control. Beasley will help take the pressure off of the perimeter guys.

If they wanted to be really smart they could tell the Heat that they are leaning towards Rose but would be willing to trade. Since I think they should take Beasley anyway they should try to make a deal with Miami to move down to 2 and maybe pick up a minor advantage in a player trade or atleast free up a little cap room. Or they could shop the pick and get a quality big man from a team trying to move up.

I'm not saying Beasley is a better player than Rose, just a much better fit for the Bulls.

Where am I wrong?

Edited by Trojans
Spelling

The Bulls strength is at the guard position with a Hinrich, Gordon, and Deng. They are very weak up front. If they take Rose they will have two PG's in Hinrich in Rose. I think they couldn't get much value back for Hinrich because he had a poor last season and has a pretty expensive contract.

If they take Beasley could start Hinrich, Gordon, Deng and Beasley. I mentioned earlier that they couldn't get much value for Hinrch but that doesn't mean I don't think Hinrich will be good this year. I think all of the Deng for Kobe rumors last season got this team off to a bad start and it just spiraled out of control. Beasley will help take the pressure off of the perimeter guys.

If they wanted to be really smart they could tell the Heat we that they are leaning towards Rose but would be willing to trade. Since I think they should take Beasley anyway they should try to make a deal with Miami to move down to 2 and maybe pick up a minor advantage in a player trade or atleast free up a little cap room. Or they could shop the pick and get a quality big man from a team trying to move up.

I'm not saying Beasley is a better player than Rose, just a much better fit for the Bulls.

Where am I wrong?

Ummm how about implying that Hinrich should be the Bulls PG instead of Rose?

I look for Hinrich to return to his days of 16 points, 6.5 assists, 2-2.5 To's, after being a little bit of a disappointment last year. He isn't nearly as good as Rose but...

You can't field a team that's only interior threats are Gooden, Thomas, Noah, Noicioni and expect to win.

I think the fact that Beasley/Deng would give them a great combo and Beasley can clean the boards for them.

The league suffered from Dirk syndrome (drafting awful European players like Darko and others because of the success of Dirk) and now I predict they will suffer Chris Paul/Deron Williams syndrome (expecting your pg's (i.e. Mike Conley) to be like those two.) I am not saying Rose will be awful but don't draft him just because of what Chris Paul has done.

Right now the association is looking a lot more like a guard oriented league than a big man oriented league... However, I don't really think they can go wrong with the pick. There will be critics no matter who it is you decide to take...