HDTV

I've had a new 46" Panasonic Plasma 1080p for about 4 months. Couldn't be happier. My son has a new Vizio 50" plasma 720p with a Sony Blu-ray player. After watching mine, he wants to trade me even for both. I told him no deal.

46" Samsung LCD 1080p....I love it. Make sure you use HDMI over component cables.

Same thing I've got...I love it!

I would recommend getting a bigger size then you're originally looking at purchasing. You've got to realize that not everything is in HD, and the programs that are not will be much "smaller" than what you anticipate.

"They" recommend bumping up a size, if you can afford to do so.

The PS3 looks great on it, too.

My wife just bought me a 37' LCD. LG brand (for $850). I absolutely love it. My brother-in-law works at Belkin and got me a HDMI cable - and it made a HUGE difference. Here's the catch though (at least to me) - I went just a few days after I got my HDTV to rent a 'HD' movie. Forget about it. If you want to rent a DVD in high definition, it's only going to be blu-ray. I did not know this! (Shows my age!). So, now, I've got to get a Blu-Ray DVD player or Play Station 3. Which, for me, I'm hoping the PS3 will be my Christmas gift!!

Question - Does it matter what type of Blu-Ray DVD player I purchase? I'd like to get a PS3, but I don't want to sacrifice quality. Any advice is appreciated.

My wife just bought me a 37' LCD. LG brand (for $850). I absolutely love it. My brother-in-law works at Belkin and got me a HDMI cable - and it made a HUGE difference. Here's the catch though (at least to me) - I went just a few days after I got my HDTV to rent a 'HD' movie. Forget about it. If you want to rent a DVD in high definition, it's only going to be blu-ray. I did not know this! (Shows my age!). So, now, I've got to get a Blu-Ray DVD player or Play Station 3. Which, for me, I'm hoping the PS3 will be my Christmas gift!!

Question - Does it matter what type of Blu-Ray DVD player I purchase? I'd like to get a PS3, but I don't want to sacrifice quality. Any advice is appreciated.

From what I understand, Blu Ray is the same no matter what, as long as your TV supports the 1080p that it puts out. If not, it should play it on the highest resolution that you have.

I am looking at getting a PS3 as well.

From my experience (sales), Japanese made LCD's are more reliable than Chinese. Although the Chinese manufactured sets will be less expensive. I prefer Toshiba (except the av series which is Chinese), Sharp, Sony in LCD's. Pioneer and Panasonic in Plasma.

I would recommend a PS3 if you can afford it. It's great and Sony does a great job with customer service. Also, the games are awesome. :D

I would recommend a PS3 if you can afford it. It's great and Sony does a great job with customer service. Also, the games are awesome. :D

:thumb:

I've had mine since they came out and it's only messed up once. It was out of warrant but Sony went ahead and fixed it for free.