Everything posted by commoncat
-
Jared Flanery signs
Congratulations to Jared! I am looking forward to following Morehead Golf, looks like a strong class coming in.
-
Montgomery Co.'s Danis Signs
Congrats to Ian, they got a quality young man and a very good golfer. Sounds like Moreheads' program is on it's way up with the signings. Also I am glad we get an opportunity to follow Ian with the proximity of Morehead to Mount Sterling.
-
Girls Golf State Tournament and the impressive Emma Talley
I looked Emma Talley on the National Junior Golf Scoreboard-they have her ranked 4th in the country for the class of 2012...There is an awful lot of talent in Kentucky coming up.
-
Plantation Junior Series
Do you guys think this is a better way for a upper classman golfer to get recognized on the college level versus High School Golf?
-
Boys' State Golf
I have been watching Fred for the last few years as my son is in the same age bracket. I think this year for Fred has been outstanding. Up until this year there were about 4-5 other kids in his age group that were about even with him. But he has taken his game up several notches and now (in my opinion) has to be considered the best in his class. Great job young man!
-
Boys Golf State Results
Hope he's ok. Very unfortunate, for him and Greenup Co. He is a fine young man, and a good representative for the 12th.
-
Boys Golf State Results
Anyone have any idea what happened to Dagon Abdon? I saw the W , thought he might have been sick or injured...
-
Plantation Junior Series
jahearme, Would this be a strong recommendation? 'cause these things are $170.
-
Plantation Junior Series
I think they have a couple of events in Lexington next month, the 2 day events count for rankings (on the Junior golf scoreboard) but they cost a quite a bit more than Pepsi. I was thinking of entering my son in one, but the cost (verses his age) has made me rethink.
-
Boys' State Golf
looks like it is comming down to St X or Marshall , 6 holes left and 2 shot lead for St X. This is where you need your 4 or 5 man to step up.
-
Boys' State Golf
Both are good kids with lots of potential, I haven't seen the course-were there some longer carries (over hazards) that got them in trouble?
-
Boys' State Golf
Gotta go with Dunbar. They came out of the most competitive region, although the top 4 teams are all very strong.
-
HS Golf $$$...
We stepped up our fundraising, but as I watch construction projects worth hundreds of thousands spent on other sports, I am wondering why the minor sports can't get a bone tossed to them.
-
HS Golf $$$...
How does your school help fund HS Golf (boys and/or girls)? I am kind of new to HS golf with my son in his 2nd year, but it seems to me that golf receives very little funding from Athletic Departments.
-
12th region golf tournament results
Congrats to the Gillum (sp?) Coached Teams. Got to watch today, Hidden Cove is a great course in very good condition. The 12th will be well represented with these two teams and the individuals. Sometimes for whatever reasons the best players from a region don't get to go to state, I think the 12th is definitely sending it's best.
-
Steve Flesch Invitational Boys' Golf Tournament - Sept13
Do you know the field? From the ones you posted-I would take St. X (Louisville) any team with Justin Thomas on, I'm pick'n.
-
Montgomery Co. Invitational Sept. 6th
FANOFTHE11th, You were correct about Fred Meyer, got to watch him play. He is very, very good. He shot a 79 (12yrs old!). Lot's of fun to watch this young man.
-
Montgomery Co. Invitational Sept. 6th
Elliot County's Ethan Faulkner won on the 2nd hole of a playoff over Ben Simpson of Henry Clay. Henry Clay's Team won with 303, with Dunbar 2nd with 308.
-
Montgomery Co. Invitational Sept. 6th
I don't know who gets to set up the pin locations, but there are several holes that can be brutal if not unfair. As a member of MSGCC, holes #8, #13, #15 and possibly #9 should just go away... Severely sloping and very firm greens with tough approach shots. But I do hope these guys play well, I think the class of 2014 will be a great one for Kentucky high school golf.:thumb:
-
Montgomery Co. Invitational Sept. 6th
Haas and Meyer are great young talents, probably tops in their age groups, but the length (and some of the carries) could be troublesome for this age group.
-
Montgomery Co. Invitational Sept. 6th
This is held at a Golf and Country Club, sorry Volleyball fans. My money is on Paul Dunbar. Henry Clay next. Lexington teams are loaded.
-
Justin Thomas @ KY Open
HL had him with a 67 opening round at the Audubon CC. What a great round (only 15 years old). HL has him listed as a sophomore at St. Xavier.
-
Ready for golf season!
It looks like he is 4th in points to play on the Junior Ryder Cup (at Bowling Green this year). Jr. Ryder Cup Players also get to do a round with the Pro's at Valhalla on the opening Wednesday. How cool would that be?
-
Golf Tournaments in the Eastern Ky Area?
commoncat replied to Master of the Hardwood's topic in KY Swimming, Track, Lacrosse, Golf (High School)Here is a link that might help. There are several tournaments going on, depending on what you are looking for. http://www.golfkentuckylinks.com/Pages/Kentucky%20Events.html
-
Greenup Invitational at Riverbend (Golf)
Looks like in the 12th (as was discussed in a previous thread) Montgomery, Elliot and Greenup should be challenging for the region title.