List McCain's qualifications for President

There's a lot of negativity regarding Barack Obama on this website. Many threads devoted to Barack Obama and why he should or should not be the next President of the United States.

So...

Let's talk John McCain. I started a thread a few months ago asking, why should I vote for John McCain? I didn't get a good enough answer then, so I have decided to start this thread and see if anyone can convince me to vote for him now.

Here's you chance McCain supporters. Please refrain from bashing Barack Obama. I want to know the positive things that Senator McCain brings to the table.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J D if U Please did a pretty good job of listing McCain's qualifications in the Obama thread.

IMO, US Senators do not make good candidates for president. I prefer people who have executive experience, preferably in the private sector, but if not as governor of a medium to large state. McCain does have substantial leadership experience in the military, which is more than his opponent has going for him.

1. He played golf with Millard Fillmore.

2. A member of Congress--- the First Continental Congress.

3. Was a pioneer in civil rights--- helped Harriet Tubman lead many slaves to freedom along the Underground Railroad.

4. Help craft four of Wilson's Fourteen Points.

5. Invaluable to McClellan at Antietam

6. Calming influence on the nation after Lincoln assassination---- "I am in charge here...at the White House."

7. One of Teddy's most trusted Roughriders.

8. Founded the Whig Party.

9. Helped pen The Federalist Papers , along with Hamilton, Madison, and John Jay.

10. Headed up the five-man committee in charge of drafting the Declaration of Independence.

11. Coined the phrase "No taxation without representation."

12.Only U.S. Senator to co-author legislation with Russ Feingold, Ted Kennedy, AND William Jennings Bryan.

13. Helped Henry Clay work out The Great Compromise of 1850. Along with Clay, Daniel Webster, and John C. Calhoun, McCain was a part of the historic "Figs and Whigs Foursome".

14. Reached out to evangelicals by securing the endorsement of both Jonathon Edwards and George Whitefield.

15. Witnessed South Carolina's admission to statehood in 1788, South Carolina's secession in 1860, AND his own victory in South Carolina's primary this year.

Guest Bluto
Great thread idea, HB. I hope that it works out and people can stay positive. :thumb:

The following quote shoots THAT hope all to Hades...

(be sure to say THANKS to "the mathemagician"....

3. Was a pioneer in civil rights--- helped Harriet Tubman lead many slaves to freedom along the Underground Railroad.

6. Calming influence on the nation after Lincoln assassination---- "I am in charge here...at the White House."

9. Helped pen The Federalist Papers , along with Hamilton, Madison, and John Jay.

10. Headed up the five-man committee in charge of drafting the Declaration of Independence.

12.Only U.S. Senator to co-author legislation with Russ Feingold, Ted Kennedy, AND William Jennings Bryan.

13. Helped Henry Clay work out The Great Compromise of 1850. Along with Clay, Daniel Webster, and John C. Calhoun, McCain was a part of the historic "Figs and Whigs Foursome".

14. Reached out to evangelicals by securing the endorsement of both Jonathon Edwards and George Whitefield.

15. Witnessed South Carolina's admission to statehood in 1788, South Carolina's secession in 1860, AND his own victory in South Carolina's primary this year.

Your humor combined with your historical knowledge are equally impressive.

Barack's thread going on nearly three pages; McCain's with a dozen posts. Even on BGP, Barack has rock star status and poor John cannot get any attention. :D.

We conservatives are so disheartened that we have to vote for Senator McCain, even if he is a heroic American.