West Jessamine

Mercer Co.

47th

Somerset

Rockcastle Co.

48th

Southwestern

Wayne Co.

It's a repeat field from last season, only differences are that Somerset comes out as the 47th district champs, and Southwestern comes out as the 48th district champs. A couple of district champs are not going to be given any favors by having to face Mercer Co., Boyle Co., and Tanner Perkins from Rockcastle Co.

I would say that Mercer would be the favorite but really I'd have to think that Mercer, West Jessamine, Danville, Boyle County and Somerset all have a realistic chance to win it. Somerset struggled with a tough schedule but they seem to be playing much better lately and they are the defending champion. However they have lost to each of the other contenders--this looks to be wide open between those five. I don't think Southwestern, Wayne County or Rockcastle County are viable threats to win 3 in a row against this level of competition but they are all capable of winning a game. Should be fun.

Gotta believe Mercer County's bat's will carry them and West Jessamine's arms will help lead them to the championship game. Don't count out an a Boyle run in there.

Coach Morse deserves credit for getting his youngsters in the Region this year.

ALL GAMES AT BOYLE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL

Monday, May 26

11:00 - Danville vs. Wayne County

1:30 - West Jessamine vs. Rockcastle County

5:00 - Somerset vs. Mercer County

7:30 - Southwestern vs. Boyle County

Tuesday, May 27

5:30 & 8:00 - Semifinals

Wednesday, May 28

7:00 - Championship

2 weeks ago I would not have given 2 plug nickels for Somerset to repeat, but after the way they dismantled Tanner and the Rockets in the District Championship I really believe that they are still the team to beat. See you guys at Region and GO Rockets!! Good Luck to everyone in all the regions. Play Hard!!

Batting order

Cody Vest Soph. Lf

Matt Yates Jr. 3rd

Jeff Embree Jr. C

Mike Evans Soph. 1b

Brentt Mcgee Jr. DH

Andrew Lasure 8th grade Rf

Ben Ray Soph. 2b

Max Meckes Frosh. SS

Duran Elmore Soph. Cf.

Evans, Elmore and Meckes all threw quality innings this year. You will see Andrew Lasure throw some in the coming years. This bunch plays with alot of heart and never gives up!!