Lions Take Army's Campbell

Tillman's decision was his own. No one made him go. I'm sorry but you are way off base here.

I'm way off base when this kid is trying to dodge his way out of combat? I'm sure there are a lot of soldiers who could play in the CFL and probably some in the NFL. Bring them home and let them try, sure beats dodging IED's, 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. That's a work week in Baghdad.

3 words define a US Army soldier. Duty. Honor. Country. No NFL in there.

I'm way off base when this kid is trying to dodge his way out of combat? I'm sure there are a lot of soldiers who could play in the CFL and probably some in the NFL. Bring them home and let them try, sure beats dodging IED's, 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. That's a work week in Baghdad.

3 words define a US Army soldier. Duty. Honor. Country. No NFL in there.

Do you think if they asked the kid to come over there he wouldn't?

It is the rule and he is following it. He will still be serving his country just not the way you feel he should. If you are upset with this kid then what about all the other service men and women who enlist to recruit or pick positions that don't make them go overseas? Be mad at the Army for making this possible, don't be mad at the soldier.